5 dental schools for DAT score recipients

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skylark

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so to sign up for the DAT (2nd time) I have to pick 5 schools that ADA will send my scores to automatically. Does this matter? and how do people go about choosing? I was thinking about choosing 5 schools that start reviewing apps early so they get my scores first?

also, i was not sure if i should put my top choices as part of the 5 because what if my new scores arent as good as my first time scores? then i could possibly send in my old scores instead so they dont see the new ones...or does it not matter since they see both scores when my new DAT is mailed out?

Members don't see this ad.

so to sign up for the DAT (2nd time) I have to pick 5 schools that ADA will send my scores to automatically. Does this matter? and how do people go about choosing? I was thinking about choosing 5 schools that start reviewing apps early so they get my scores first?

also, i was not sure if i should put my top choices as part of the 5 because what if my new scores arent as good as my first time scores? then i could possibly send in my old scores instead so they dont see the new ones...or does it not matter since they see both scores when my new DAT is mailed out?

They will see both scores. Make a list of the schools you plan on applying to and cross reference it with predents.com. My advice would be to send them to to the 5 schools with lowest avg accepted DAT scores (which will still be relatively high). This way, if you don't do as well as you wanted, you can go from there and decide if you want to apply to more. If you score very well, no harm done because you were going to apply to those initial 5 anyway...

yeah its a good idea to prepare for the worst, but what if you always have that thought in the back of your head that there is always a "next time"? This could influence you to do worse.

Do you think putting all schools down would be a good idea to help you get motivated and study harder?

Members don't see this ad :)
I put down 5 of 6 of my in-school states (California) even though my GPA was well below the average for most of them. People typically put down their in state schools first because it's a LITTLE bit easier to get into (assuming you have average GPA/DAT)... and it's closer/cheaper.

Next, check out the sticky on the front page of the dental forums called "Where Should I Apply."

Last edited: