5 hour energy? safe or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zanaida10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, since we are all pre-med students here we've definately absued one form of energy drinks or not...( caffeine, starbucks, dunkin donuts, redbull ) to keep going for school. So my friend recently got me hooked onto this new thing called 5-hour energy drink. Its supposed to be sugar free, and really safe. But it's just TOO good to be true, I'm so scared to believe it. Its supposed to have no herbal supplements, and completely based on vitamins. I really want to keep using this (once a day sometimes) because it helps me study SO much, way more then caffeine or the other stimulants I've used. I've already done searches on this and the only thing I found is that it's not safe for people with PKU disease...since I don't have it...it doesn't seem to apply to me. So any intakes on this? It's just wayyyy too good to be true!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Vitamins themselves cannot "create" more energy.. so to speak.
Vitamins and minerals are essential to the body's mechanics so without them.. you get problems!
I would think that you would be better off keeping a steady intake of supplements like a daily vitamin, all in one, type of deal as opposed to trying to boost your intake at once.. for "5 Hour Energy."

Most of those things are gimmicks..

Coffee stopped doing the trick?

So, since we are all pre-med students here we've definately absued one form of energy drinks or not...( caffeine, starbucks, dunkin donuts, redbull ) to keep going for school. So my friend recently got me hooked onto this new thing called 5-hour energy drink. Its supposed to be sugar free, and really safe. But it's just TOO good to be true, I'm so scared to believe it. Its supposed to have no herbal supplements, and completely based on vitamins. I really want to keep using this (once a day sometimes) because it helps me study SO much, way more then caffeine or the other stimulants I've used. I've already done searches on this and the only thing I found is that it's not safe for people with PKU disease...since I don't have it...it doesn't seem to apply to me. So any intakes on this? It's just wayyyy too good to be true!!!

Why use 5-hour energy when there's 6 hour energy? (reminds me of Half-baked)

Members don't see this ad :)
Drink it if you want to. You don't need posters on the internet to tell you that its okay for you to drink it. You know the risks of abusing energy drinks. So do it if you want, but take responsibility for the actions you take.

Status
Not open for further replies.