5 minute clinical consult

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arch Guillotti

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the free limited version to take a look at it. It seems pretty good, but d@mn that program runs slow. Does the real version speed up any?

Members don't see this ad.

I ran the G5CC on my Palm V during my intern year and it ran great. G5CC, ePocrates & qID were invaluable to me.

What kind of pda do you have? If you are using a palm that is a little older (m515 or earlier), you might benefit from using a program called Fast CPU (find it at www.palmgear.com). It is an overclocking utility that will let you speed up your palm a bit (some sacrifice of battery life, but very worth it for the fast response). Also, if you are running the program off of your memory card, you may want to go and either clean off some other programs from the card (memory cards slow down as you fill them up) or use another program such as Pi Direct or MS Mount (also found at www.palmgear.com) to put programs in different folders on your memory card (the number of programs also slows your memory card down). Another option that may help is to go under Preferences and click off the option for linking.

Well, I hope this helps!

Grant