5 practice AAMC tests left. How much of a score increase can I expect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salsasunrise123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, So I got a 27 on AAMC 4 (9-9-9) and 28 (10-10-8) on AAMC 5. I was pleasantly surprised by the 28 bc I thought I bombed the PS and VR (especially verbal) and this destroyed my drive and confidence in bio. energy also took a dive in final section. Bio is definitely my weakest so I am gonna do some extra practice with my weak areas. Weakest area is genetics and evolution/populations. Any advice on how to bump up that BS score? It is the only thing holding me back. Also what sort of reasonable improvement can I see over next 2.5 weeks & 5 practice tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, So I got a 27 on AAMC 4 (9-9-9) and 28 (10-10-8) on AAMC 5. I was pleasantly surprised by the 28 bc I thought I bombed the PS and VR (especially verbal) and this destroyed my drive and confidence in bio. energy also took a dive in final section. Bio is definitely my weakest so I am gonna do some extra practice with my weak areas. Weakest area is genetics and evolution/populations. Any advice on how to bump up that BS score? It is the only thing holding me back. Also what sort of reasonable improvement can I see over next 2.5 weeks & 5 practice tests?

Go through the exam and figure out why you got each question wrong as well as why you got each question right.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

And what type of score increase could I expect to see? I know everyone is different, just looking for ballpark estimation.

Too variable to say, everyone is different, different study matierals, different techniques, different time available etc.

You probably wont see too much of a score increase unless you fill the holes in your content knowledge. A score of 9 followed by an 8 is beginning to look like you are lacking the knowledge to properly analyze the passage or answer independent questions. If you fix your weaknesses you should be able to get you bio score to a 10 no problem. VR, you probably won't see much of an increase.