1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

5 practice AAMC tests left. How much of a score increase can I expect?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by PREMED501, 05.16.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. PREMED501

PREMED501 2+ Year Member

Hello, So I got a 27 on AAMC 4 (9-9-9) and 28 (10-10-8) on AAMC 5. I was pleasantly surprised by the 28 bc I thought I bombed the PS and VR (especially verbal) and this destroyed my drive and confidence in bio. energy also took a dive in final section. Bio is definitely my weakest so I am gonna do some extra practice with my weak areas. Weakest area is genetics and evolution/populations. Any advice on how to bump up that BS score? It is the only thing holding me back. Also what sort of reasonable improvement can I see over next 2.5 weeks & 5 practice tests?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SOOyC52H1Sof

SOOyC52H1Sof 2+ Year Member

Medical Student

Go through the exam and figure out why you got each question wrong as well as why you got each question right.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4. PREMED501

PREMED501 2+ Year Member

And what type of score increase could I expect to see? I know everyone is different, just looking for ballpark estimation.

5. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    Too variable to say, everyone is different, different study matierals, different techniques, different time available etc.

6. GodComplex

GodComplex 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You probably wont see too much of a score increase unless you fill the holes in your content knowledge. A score of 9 followed by an 8 is beginning to look like you are lacking the knowledge to properly analyze the passage or answer independent questions. If you fix your weaknesses you should be able to get you bio score to a 10 no problem. VR, you probably won't see much of an increase.

About the ads