5 units of a B or W

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Davermz450

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a German summer school class my jr.y ear in high school at a community college and got a B, it's kind of a damper on my gpa. I have to appeal the grade and then they will put it as a W. Which is worse when applying to dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt 1 B in non science class could damper your GPA that much. If anything save that W for any other occasion when you would really need to use it.

Could you tell us your GPA with the B and then with the W?

Personally I don't think a B is a bad grade, and it's certainly not something I would cover up with a W. I'm also wondering why they would even do this, it sounds incredibly sketchy. A "W" is usually given when a person withdraws from a course later in a semester, not something they would give after you'd already finished and received a grade for. Do you mean a "P", for a "pass"?

I still regret taking my 3rd Japanese course as Pass/Fail instead of taking the grade, I found out from my professor that it would've been a B. When you take a "P", or withdraw with a "W", anyone reading it would likely assume you were going to receive a very very low grade (I'd say C- or below). That's just my take.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well my gpa is a 3.3 because my freshman year was really bad. So far my ogpa trend is like this, 2.8, 3.2, 3.4, 3.64,3.41 and this semester is looking to be a 3.5 ish. I guess your right when you say in the big picture is wont matter a whole lot. Now I don't think a W is worth ot

lol why would you even consider it? Unless you had like a 4.0 I would not bother, whats one more B?

Ok ok good point people lol thanks for the advice

How do I do that? If its on my transcript how do I just not tell them??