5 weeks help me prepare (podiatry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So up until now I have been studying for the DAT (only 2 weeks in) but have decided I want to 100% pursue podiatry. I know my MCAT needs to be around a 22 (490 or so on new scale?).

I would rather try to get my score in 5 weeks and be able to apply early rather than wait until january and miss out on a couple of my top choices.

How would you attack the exam if you only had 5 weeks to prepare but only needed around a 490. I have examkrackers, cliffs bio, ferralis notes and course saver (Chad's videos)

Thanks in advance. Ready to study as intensely as I need to starting tomorrow!

B

Members don't see this ad.

I never recommend only studying 5 weeks for this exam but if you have to, use EK for content. Assuming you are well versed in the sciences, I would also suggest you focus all of your energy and time on the AAMC question packs and full lengths. Do as many AAMC questions you possibly can in the next 5 weeks. Good luck.

Hi guys! So up until now I have been studying for the DAT (only 2 weeks in) but have decided I want to 100% pursue podiatry. I know my MCAT needs to be around a 22 (490 or so on new scale?).

I think you could get this score with very little studying, provided you've got a halfway decent background in the sciences.

I thought pod would be harder.

Interested in what gave you the revelation that caused you to become suddenly enthralled with the human foot.

I never recommend only studying 5 weeks for this exam but if you have to, use EK for content. Assuming you are well versed in the sciences, I would also suggest you focus all of your energy and time on the AAMC question packs and full lengths. Do as many AAMC questions you possibly can in the next 5 weeks. Good luck.

Would finishing Chad's videos/Cliff's this week to review better be recommended? Maybe this week finish all of Chad's if possible. Then immediately to EK/AAMC questions until test day? I can study 8-10hrs a day no problem.

I definitely need physics review.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
You shouldn't be reviewing. You should be doing questions. Questions are the best way to review. And if you really don't know what's going on when you do questions, it's probably a sign that you don't know the content.

You shouldn't be reviewing. You should be doing questions. Questions are the best way to review. And if you really don't know what's going on when you do questions, it's probably a sign that you don't know the content.

Cool. Will do exactly what you stated starting tomorrow. 30 days of intense studying. See if I can get my 490-495

Appreciate your help!