1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

5 weeks help me prepare (podiatry)

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by BTR1208, Aug 22, 2015.

1. BTR1208

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi guys! So up until now I have been studying for the DAT (only 2 weeks in) but have decided I want to 100% pursue podiatry. I know my MCAT needs to be around a 22 (490 or so on new scale?).

I would rather try to get my score in 5 weeks and be able to apply early rather than wait until january and miss out on a couple of my top choices.

How would you attack the exam if you only had 5 weeks to prepare but only needed around a 490. I have examkrackers, cliffs bio, ferralis notes and course saver (Chad's videos)

Thanks in advance. Ready to study as intensely as I need to starting tomorrow!

B

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor
    Lifetime Donor Sponsor Exhibitor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

I never recommend only studying 5 weeks for this exam but if you have to, use EK for content. Assuming you are well versed in the sciences, I would also suggest you focus all of your energy and time on the AAMC question packs and full lengths. Do as many AAMC questions you possibly can in the next 5 weeks. Good luck.

4. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think you could get this score with very little studying, provided you've got a halfway decent background in the sciences.

I thought pod would be harder.

Interested in what gave you the revelation that caused you to become suddenly enthralled with the human foot.

5. BTR1208

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Would finishing Chad's videos/Cliff's this week to review better be recommended? Maybe this week finish all of Chad's if possible. Then immediately to EK/AAMC questions until test day? I can study 8-10hrs a day no problem.

I definitely need physics review.

Thanks guys!

6. Jack Westin

Jack Westin CARS Instructor
    Lifetime Donor Sponsor Exhibitor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

You shouldn't be reviewing. You should be doing questions. Questions are the best way to review. And if you really don't know what's going on when you do questions, it's probably a sign that you don't know the content.

7. podiatrytime

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    22 on the new scale would be a 495

8. BTR1208

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Cool. Will do exactly what you stated starting tomorrow. 30 days of intense studying. See if I can get my 490-495

Appreciate your help!