Quantcast

500 MCAT GPA 3.8

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katrinnnaa

Reaction score
Hi,

My GPA is a 3.8 with a science GPA of a 3.77. I just received my MCAT score two days ago and was much much lower than I anticipated. Here is the break down 128/ 122/ 124/ 126 :( I am a Washington state resident so I'm hoping on UW but other than that I'm looking into Loma Linda, Creighton, UCONN, UMASS, UCinncinati. My primary reason for applying this year is because if I do get in, I can received two years of my tuition paid but retaking my MCAT is a for sure which I have begun studying for again. I know my verbal is very very very low and that is my greatest concern.

Volunteer EC's:
- homeless shelter with about 100 hours
-two different hospitals with about 200 hours
-volunteer tutor for children likely for academic failure

Paid EC
-scribe
-organic chem and gen chem student tutor at school
-internships at fred hutch and columbia university (future publication sometime in sept)

Research EC
-2.5 years in advisors lab with about 900 hours

Last edited:

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do not retake the MCAT until your practice scores are at least 508 and your CARS score at least 125. With your current MCAT and verbal score your chances for MD schools are very low. You could apply to some DO schools, mainly the newer ones.

Reactions: 1 user

katrinnnaa

Reaction score
Do not retake the MCAT until your practice scores are at least 508 and your CARS score at least 125. With your current MCAT and verbal score your chances for MD schools are very low. You could apply to some DO schools, mainly the newer ones.
I obviously wouldn't retake the MCAT without a guarantee that I would score higher than a 508. That's a given and would be pointless to take it again otherwise.

confidentandgood

Bunburyin' it.
Reaction score
I obviously wouldn't retake the MCAT without a guarantee that I would score higher than a 508. That's a given and would be pointless to take it again otherwise.

They were just giving advice, as is the purpose of SDN — take it easy.

Reactions: 2 users
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.