500 MCAT please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keDesHoU

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my MCAT score back recently and I received a 500. I was very disappointed considering I scored a 508, 511, and 514 on my last three practice exams. I’m not sure what happened. My dilemma is I already submitted my primaries for this cycle. I’m not sure if I should continue to apply to DO with my current score or try to retake the exam at the end of September.

I have a 3.72 GPA and a 3.58 sGPA, ~1500 hrs working as a scribe, ~200 hours of volunteer experience in various hospital departments, ~40 shadowing hours, research experience in a psych lab and on another project, and a bunch of other extracurriculars. If you could offer me any advice that would be so helpful because I’m not sure where to go from here. Do I retake in September, apply to DO as is, or delay to next cycle? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

A 500 score is fine for some DO schools including all these:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira)
MU-COM
UNECOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews at any of them.

Reactions: 1 user
A 500 score is fine for some DO schools including all these:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LECOM (Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira)
MU-COM
UNECOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews at any of them.

Correction: he will receive DO interviews if he applies.
given good letters of recommendation, extracurriculars, and primary/secondary essay writing.

ICOM, BCOM, and PCOM (all three campuses) should also be on your list

Reactions: 1 user