MD & DO 503 MCAT, 3.43 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamecockEMT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just need some help getting a school list together. Currently I'm a SC resident, what are my chances with my scores and gpa for in state schools and schools outside the state?

MCAT: 503
Chem/phys: 127
Biol: 126
CARS: 126
Psych/Soc: 124
cGPA: 3.43
sGPA: 3.5

Currently I'm an EMT in a 911 ALS service (over 1000 hours of pt contact), I have ~25 hours of shadowing experience (orthopod, cardiology, internist), 2 years of research as an undergraduate researcher (~20 hours/week), about 100 hours of non-clinical volunteer time (mostly before college), great LOR's, an overseas medical mission trip (ten days), and am currently volunteering in an orthopedic clinic (8 hours/week). Help with this would be awesome as it's difficult for me to decide where to apply, or if it would be most beneficial for me to enhance my gpa with a post-bacc, retake the MCAT, or just simply focus more on DO.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For MD you have a chance for interviews at your state schools.
For DO you are competitive for the majority of schools.Schools to consider include:
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM-Georgia
CUSOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM