DO 503 MCAT, 3.7 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA - Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

24601emily

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my husband is currently applying to DO schools, and we were wondering about his chances. Should we add more or are we likely to get in somewhere? Please let us know what you think the chances are of getting into at least one school with these stats! Thanks for your help!

MCAT: 503 126/123/127/127
cGPA: 3.73
sGPA: 3.57
Utah
Straight, white, Christian male

Has applied to 23 DO schools, for most, his GPA is slightly above average for matriculates and MCAT is average to slightly above average. Most schools applied to also have majority out of state.

EXPERIENCES:
  • 2 year LDS service mission (service and leadership heavy)
  • Cardiovascular research lab with focus on mitochondrial proteins - 400+ hours
  • Opthamologist (MD) shadowing - 25 hours (trying to do more, but COVID hit and I haven’t been able to)
  • Utah AIDS Foundation, phlebotomy, STI testing, and food bank volunteer - 100+ hours
  • Phlebotomist - 50 hours
  • CNA - 50 hours
  • 200+ hours in other church related service and leadership
  • Volunteer and participant in cello ensemble/festival
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION:
  • Principal investigator of research lab
  • Science professor
  • Cello professor
  • Utah AIDS foundation coordinator
  • Ophthalmologist I shadowed (MD)
HOBBIES/OTHER:
  • Piano - 4000+ hours
  • Scuba diving

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here’s all the schools he’s applied to! @Faha
7E412113-F61A-43A0-BA0F-7A4F0DCB7D2A.png

Members don't see this ad :)
He has a good list and should receive many interviews with his stats. Consider adding any of these schools:
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
UNECOM
DMU-COM

He has a good list and should receive many interviews with his stats. Consider adding any of these schools:
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
UNECOM
DMU-COM

Good app, good school list agreed. Unless he has *2* behavioral science classes though, skip UNE com. I got auto-reject and no response to call/email.