gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
The schools that might be interested in your research will not be interested in that MCAT score. You might try MCW, Wake and Albany.
You are a very good DO candidate.

Reactions: Gurby

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
thank you for your feedback! The DO schools I will be applying to are Western DO, Touro-CA DO and NOVA
do you think my mcat of 504 will get me screened out from getting a secondary from all the UCs?
The UC's don't screen this way. You will probably get secondaries from most (or all). You probably won't get interviews, though.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
I suggest the following:

Quinnipiac

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

EVMS

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Netter

Your state school(s).

Any DO school.

Hi everyone,
I would really appreciate some feedback for my mcat score of 504 (28 on old scale)

I took the 7/8 mcat and got a 504 (127/124/125/128)=67% percentile, equivalent to a 28-i'm really disappointed by the bio score since it was always my highest so i'm not sure what happened there, but I was wondering if it's worth apply to lower tier MDs and DO schools since i already sent in my primary app to one school for verified

my primary app should be verified within the next few days, I'm a CA resident and graduated from a top 10 university

With regards to the rest of my application,
-1st author abstract accepted for presentation at a national conference
-1st author poster at school poster day
-1st author publication under review in a high impact/ranked journal (will hear back from editors this week) and another one submitted
-900 hours of research experience
-4 great LORs, i trust those professors/PI with my life
-400 hours tutoring underprivileged children
-400 hours clinical volunteering
-president of pre-health club

@Goro @Catalystik @LizzyM @gyngyn would really value your feedback whenever you get a chance :)

thanks so much!

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
So the 124 in CARS won't make me get screened out?

I understand that the UCs will be reaches for me, but I think my research experience will help me as I should two first-author pubs accepted within the month and will update the schools on their acceptance so I will definately apply and see what happens
Let us know what happens.

Reactions: medbunny56
OP
M

medbunny56

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
The UC's don't screen this way. You will probably get secondaries from most (or all). You probably won't get interviews, though.
I've received secondaries from UCSD and UCR but no word from the others yet, would you consider this a sign that i've been screened out from the other UCs?

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
I've received secondaries from UCSD and UCR but no word from the others yet, would you consider this a sign that i've been screened out from the other UCs?
The UC's have very different ways of looking at things and different levels of efficiency. I would not assume that you have been screened out. Nor would I assume that you are likely to be screened in!

Reactions: medbunny56