506--> 511, please help me revise my school list :)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloverBale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've miraculously increased my MCAT score! (yay me!) and so while I'm in the middle of secondaries, I was wondering if there are any schools I should switch out/omit/add into now that my score is bit higher

Also, is there a list circulating somewhere around here about what each medical school does with retake MCAT scores?

The bolded schools are the ones I'm already completed at. Oh, I'm a CA student. cGPA: 3.71, sGPA 3.50

Albany Medical College
Drexel
Quinnipiac Netter
Indiana
Wright
NYMC
Wayne 508
Pennsylvania State
Chicago Medical School-Franklin
Tulane
Saint Louis
UC Riverside
Virgina Commonwealth
UC-Irvine
Oakland
Jefferson Kimmel
Rutgers Johnson
Oregon
George Washington
Wake Forest
Central Michigan

Loma Linda
Loyola 507
Cooper Rowan
Commonwealth
Georgetown
Temple
Rush
Arizona
Arizona Pheonix
South Carolina Greenville
Vermont
FIU Herbert Wertheim
Central Florida
Nebraska
Minnesota
Michigan State
West Virginia
U. of Washington
Utah
Louisville
UC-Davis
UCLA Geffen
MC Wisconsin

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I've miraculously increased my MCAT score! (yay me!) and so while I'm in the middle of secondaries, I was wondering if there are any schools I should switch out/omit/add into now that my score is bit higher

Also, is there a list circulating somewhere around here about what each medical school does with retake MCAT scores?

The bolded schools are the ones I'm already completed at. Oh, I'm a CA student. cGPA: 3.71, sGPA 3.50

Albany Medical College
Drexel
Quinnipiac Netter
Indiana
Wright
NYMC
Wayne 508
Pennsylvania State
Tulane
Saint Louis
UC Riverside
Virgina Commonwealth
UC-Irvine
Oakland
Jefferson Kimmel
Rutgers Johnson
Oregon
George Washington
Wake Forest
Central Michigan

Loma Linda
Loyola 507
Cooper Rowan
Commonwealth
Georgetown
Temple
Rush
Arizona
Arizona Pheonix
Vermont
FIU Herbert Wertheim
Central Florida
Nebraska
Minnesota
Michigan State
West Virginia
U. of Washington
Utah
Louisville
UC-Davis
UCLA Geffen
MC Wisconsin
Score buddies! Congrats on the 85th percentile!

Our lists are actually pretty similar. What's your state of residence? Any clinical experience? Have you looked into NYMC? Also, be wary of Rush's high average amount of service hour "requirement".

Check the New Jersey schools MSAR stats for OOS people. NJ is very in state focused. Might be low yield if you don't have a connection.

NJMS
RWJMS
Cooper

Members don't see this ad :)
Score buddies! Congrats on the 85th percentile!

Our lists are actually pretty similar. What's your state of residence? Any clinical experience? Have you looked into NYMC? Also, be wary of Rush's high average amount of service hour "requirement".
Awesome! Congrats to you too :) Yes I have TONS of clinical experience and research experience at NIH. I should have enough service hours. Thank you! I'm a California resident unfortunately

Check the New Jersey schools MSAR stats for OOS people. NJ is very in state focused. Might be low yield if you don't have a connection.

NJMS
RWJMS
Cooper
Even for Cooper?

Even for Cooper?

I'm not too sure. I'm an NJ resident so I didn't bother checking IS/OOS when I applied. Just telling you what I've heard by ear. Would check the MSAR for you right now but I'm on my phone.

Last edited:
Oh no!!! I accidentally posted this in the regular forum--do one of you guys mind putting it in WAMC? :( That's where I intended to post this, so sorry!!

Here is am ore realistic list; you have a number that highly favor IS, and not OOS, especial those < avg. Those will be mere donations

Albany Medical College
Drexel
Quinnipiac Netter
NYMC
Tulane
Saint Louis
UC Riverside
(ONLY if you're from the Inland Empire)
Virgina Commonwealth
UC-Irvine
Oakland
Jefferson Kimmel
George Washington
Wake Forest

Loma Linda (Are you a devout Christian???)
Loyola
Georgetown
Temple
Rush
UC-Davis
MC Wisconsin
EVMS
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO school.. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

Here is am ore realistic list; you have a number that highly favor IS, and not OOS, especial those < avg. Those will be mere donations

Albany Medical College
Drexel
Quinnipiac Netter
NYMC
Tulane
Saint Louis
UC Riverside
Virgina Commonwealth
UC-Irvine
Oakland
Jefferson Kimmel
George Washington
Wake Forest

Loyola
Georgetown
Temple
Rush
UC-Davis
MC Wisconsin
EVMS
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Thank you so much! And wow really? Only from the Inland Empire? I mean I live right next to it!

Albany Medical College
Drexel
Quinnipiac Netter
Indiana
Wright
NYMC
Wayne 508
Pennsylvania State
Tulane
Saint Louis
UC Riverside
Virgina Commonwealth
UC-Irvine
Oakland
Jefferson Kimmel
Rutgers Johnson
Oregon
George Washington
Wake Forest
Central Michigan

Loma Linda
Loyola 507
Cooper Rowan
Commonwealth
Georgetown
Temple
Rush
Arizona
Arizona Pheonix
Vermont
FIU Herbert Wertheim
Central Florida
Nebraska
Minnesota
Michigan State
West Virginia
U. of Washington
Utah
Louisville
UC-Davis
UCLA Geffen
MC Wisconsin

I would take the University of Washington off your list. If you're not from the WWAMI region, you have better odds at Stanford and UCSF.

Reactions: 2 users
I would take the University of Washington off your list. If you're not from the WWAMI region, you have better odds at Stanford and UCSF.
My entire family lives in/are permanent residence of WWAMI, but I live in California..so I would love nothing more than to move to WWAMI to be with my family.

I got an II from UCR though I'm not from the Inland Empire but just outside of it so that would be fine to leave on if you truly live close.

For WWAMI unless you are URM I am going to say absolutely do not apply. All of my family lives in Washington, I went to college in Washington, and I have thousands of hours working extensively with underserved patients which is what they say they are looking for from non WWAMI and I was rejected already this year. Literally the only people I know who got in there from out of region are URM who also have experience with underserved patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
That doesn't count.

I got an II from UCR though I'm not from the Inland Empire but just outside of it so that would be fine to leave on if you truly live close.

For WWAMI unless you are URM I am going to say absolutely do not apply. All of my family lives in Washington, I went to college in Washington, and I have thousands of hours working extensively with underserved patients which is what they say they are looking for from non WWAMI and I was rejected already this year. Literally the only people I know who got in there from out of region are URM who also have experience with underserved patients.

Oh darn! Really? That sucks, thanks for the heads up!

I'm not talking just geography...
The San Joaquin valley is a whole lot closer to the IE than either SD or LA!
I'm so sorry if I'm not following, but I'm confused, do you mind explaining?

I'm so sorry if I'm not following, but I'm confused, do you mind explaining?
The person who made the additional 25 seats possible and allowed UCR to become an independent school did so specifically to increase physician manpower in the IE. To that end, the 25 students who did not attend UCR undergrad are expected to show evidence of a commitment to serve that area. There is a greater likelihood that someone from a similar place (economically and socially) like the San Joaquin Valley might stay rather that those from very different social climates that border on Riverside county.

With 5504 applicants vying for 25 seats at a mission-based school, UCR has among the lowest odds of acceptance of any school! Even if you only consider the IS applicants as potentially viable, 4351 applicants for 25 seats is still the longest bet in CA...

Last edited by a moderator:
The person who made the additional 25 seats possible and allowed UCR to become an independent school did so specifically to increase physician manpower in the IE. To that end, the 25 students who did not attend UCR undergrad are expected to show evidence of a commitment to serve that area. There is a greater likelihood that someone from a similar place (economically and socially) like the San Joaquin Valley might stay rather that those from very different social climates that border on Riverside county.

With 5504 applicants vying for 25 seats at a mission-based school, UCR has among the lowest odds of acceptance of any school! Even if you only consider the IS applicants as potentially viable, 4351 applicants for 25 seats is still the longest bet in CA...
Ahhhhhh, okay that makes much more sense. Thanks for explaining :)

Hi @Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM ! I retook this year and my situation is quite similar to @CloverBale 's could you help me with my school list? Thank you very much!
Link to my post: MD - sGPA 3.8 cPGA 3.89 MCAT 506->511

Albany Medical College
Drexel
Quinnipiac Netter
NYMC
Tulane
Saint Louis
UC Riverside
Virgina Commonwealth
UC-Irvine
Oakland
Jefferson Kimmel
George Washington
Wake Forest

Loyola
Georgetown
Temple
Rush
UC-Davis
MC Wisconsin
EVMS
U VM

Hi @Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM ! I retook this year and my situation is quite similar to @CloverBale 's could you help me with my school list? Thank you very much!
Link to my post: MD - sGPA 3.8 cPGA 3.89 MCAT 506->511
I suggest:

Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
Albert Einstein (maybe)
Pitt (maybe for >510)
Dartmouth (maybe)
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
CUSM
UCD
UCI
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

I suggest:

Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
Albert Einstein (maybe)
Pitt (maybe for >510)
Dartmouth (maybe)
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
CUSM
UCD
UCI
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Thank you Goro! <3