507MCAT, 3.6GPA, 3.3sGPA, CA, Asian, Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letmein1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got back my MCAT results, and its 507 overall (128,124,129,126). It was a retake from a 25(10,7,8).
My overall GPA is 3.6, and a 3.3 science GPA.
So far, I have applied to the following schools:

Drexel U
Western U
KCUMB
Touro-Nevada

With my new MCAT score, can someone provide me a list of schools (pref. an MD) that I could apply to?
I would prefer to stay in CA, but I know that its very unlikely unless I want to go the DO route.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should be competitive for most DO schools but apply broadly to at least 12 schools. For MD you could add these schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Albany
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
California Northstate

You are fine for DO's but the low science GPA coupled with a low MCAT the first time around and a low CARs the 2nd time around(on top of a 30 while adequate is still below the median at many lower tiers) will make MD admisison tough particularly coming from CA.

For DOs apply to at least a dozen you'll be competitive. For MDs check out lower tier private schools that have 10th percentile verbal scores in the 7-8 range. It'll be an uphill battle but try and apply to as many lower tiers as you can that you have any chance of being competitive for if you want to maximize your MD chances and see what happens.

You are fine for DO's but the low science GPA coupled with a low MCAT the first time around and a low CARs the 2nd time around(on top of a 30 while adequate is still below the median at many lower tiers) will make MD admisison tough particularly coming from CA.

For DOs apply to at least a dozen you'll be competitive. For MDs check out lower tier private schools that have 10th percentile verbal scores in the 7-8 range. It'll be an uphill battle but try and apply to as many lower tiers as you can that you have any chance of being competitive for if you want to maximize your MD chances and see what happens.

Which specific schools are you referring to when you say low tiered schools?

Thanks!