509 mcat, 3.85 cGPA, rural and ROTC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ltm4kc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your list is reasonable though Brown is a reach as well as Mayo. However, Mayo AZ is worth applying to since it is new. Other schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical
Drexel
Temple
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Vermont

Reactions: 1 user
Your list is reasonable though Brown is a reach as well as Mayo. However, Mayo AZ is worth applying to since it is new. Other schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical
Drexel
Temple
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Vermont

Netter, Vermont, and Oakland seem to favor older (assuming non-trad) applicants. Could you attest to this? I'm hesitant to apply to Temple just because it's yet another really low-yield program. As for NYMC, Drexel, and Western Michigan I don't know much about each school. Western Michigan would seem like the best option out of them solely because it is in my region.

I am not certain about which schools prefer older applicants, though Brown does. The schools I listed are where your stats are competitive. The GPA-MCAT grid shows your chances for a MD acceptance are 76% with your stats (unless your are URM). You want to apply broadly to many schools that are appropriate to increase those odds.