Quantcast

MD 511 MCAT, 3.99 cGPA My Chances.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblu

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
"PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS MESSAGE"

Finally got my MCAT score. Like to know which MD schools should I apply. Like to stay with East, South and Midwest including TX. Should I apply DO as Insurance ? I am thinking to apply all of the MD schools in IL and FL plus more .. Like to keep 15% Top Tier, 50-60% Mid Tier and rest Low Tier just to make sure I get into those if everything else fell apart kind of safeties.

1. MCAT: 511 (128,128,128,127)
  2. GPA: 3.99
  3. Resident: IL but goes to School in FL, not sure if I can claim both IL/FL as resident?
  4. Ethnicity :ORM
  5. Undergraduate: Top 45 school. Nuero.
  6. Overseas experience: Spend a week on a Medical Mission trip.
  7. Research experience 400 hr + publications not yet.
  8. Shadowing: 170 hrs + in 3 different Fields in a Hospital.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: Senior center 40 hrs. Plus other 50 hrs.
  10. Volunteer: 150 hrs+ in a Hospital
  11. Work: Finance throughout school years
  12. Various Tutor experience

Last edited:

skyisblu

Reaction score
I came up with a list and put few High tier and rest is Mid Tiers and Low Tiers.
I can use IL residency but choose FL also since I currently go to School there so may be they consider me as local.

What School do you think I have a realistic shot of getting an Interview. Please Add or Minus any school you think might not work for me.

- Albany
- NYUMC
- Tulane
- Drexel
- University of Illinois
- Loyola
- Rosalind Franklin
- RUSH
- Ohio State
- Toledo OH
- Iowa
- Tufts
- Mayo
- Miami
- UCF
- USF
- SLU
- UNC
- Wake Forest
- Penn state
- University of Cincinnati
- Wayne State MI
- Indiana University
- Medical College Wisconsin
- Creighton
- Temple
- Jefferson
- Georgetown
- Quinnipiac
- Oakland Beaumont

Last edited:

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UF, U Wisconsin, Alabama, UMass accept very few non residents with your MCAT. You could add Drexel, Temple, Jefferson, Quinnipiac and Oakland Beaumont.

Reactions: 1 user

skyisblu

Reaction score
@Faha Thanks for your input.

I think I will remove UMass, Alabama and UF. Will Add others. I updated the original List. Still waiting for the MSAR update for 2016 Matriculated which will have New MCAT . I am keeping 511=31 but might be 32 dont know for sure.
I have not chosen any DO since I really dont want to go that path I think I have sufficient Score and ECs to get me into one of the Above list..

Last edited: