MD 511 MCAT, 3.99 cGPA My Chances.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS MESSAGE"

Finally got my MCAT score. Like to know which MD schools should I apply. Like to stay with East, South and Midwest including TX. Should I apply DO as Insurance ? I am thinking to apply all of the MD schools in IL and FL plus more .. Like to keep 15% Top Tier, 50-60% Mid Tier and rest Low Tier just to make sure I get into those if everything else fell apart kind of safeties.

1. MCAT: 511 (128,128,128,127)
  2. GPA: 3.99
  3. Resident: IL but goes to School in FL, not sure if I can claim both IL/FL as resident?
  4. Ethnicity :ORM
  5. Undergraduate: Top 45 school. Nuero.
  6. Overseas experience: Spend a week on a Medical Mission trip.
  7. Research experience 400 hr + publications not yet.
  8. Shadowing: 170 hrs + in 3 different Fields in a Hospital.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: Senior center 40 hrs. Plus other 50 hrs.
  10. Volunteer: 150 hrs+ in a Hospital
  11. Work: Finance throughout school years
  12. Various Tutor experience

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I came up with a list and put few High tier and rest is Mid Tiers and Low Tiers.
I can use IL residency but choose FL also since I currently go to School there so may be they consider me as local.

What School do you think I have a realistic shot of getting an Interview. Please Add or Minus any school you think might not work for me.

- Albany
- NYUMC
- Tulane
- Drexel
- University of Illinois
- Loyola
- Rosalind Franklin
- RUSH
- Ohio State
- Toledo OH
- Iowa
- Tufts
- Mayo
- Miami
- UCF
- USF
- SLU
- UNC
- Wake Forest
- Penn state
- University of Cincinnati
- Wayne State MI
- Indiana University
- Medical College Wisconsin
- Creighton
- Temple
- Jefferson
- Georgetown
- Quinnipiac
- Oakland Beaumont

Last edited:
UF, U Wisconsin, Alabama, UMass accept very few non residents with your MCAT. You could add Drexel, Temple, Jefferson, Quinnipiac and Oakland Beaumont.

Reactions: 1 user
@Faha Thanks for your input.

I think I will remove UMass, Alabama and UF. Will Add others. I updated the original List. Still waiting for the MSAR update for 2016 Matriculated which will have New MCAT . I am keeping 511=31 but might be 32 dont know for sure.
I have not chosen any DO since I really dont want to go that path I think I have sufficient Score and ECs to get me into one of the Above list..

Last edited: