511 MCAT and 3.98 sGPA...Want to add two more schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r4y

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm OOS for all these schools but want to add two of them to my list. Any suggestions?

Baylor
Boston U
Ohio State
Rush
Dartmouth

Assume above average ECs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dartmouth likes non-trads it seems like on MSAR and threads on here.

There's a pretty big gap between Rush and Boston so they're hard to compare, but I would recommend looking at their mission statements, student demographics, and curriculum.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's possible for a medical school to accept you and the other to not even give you a secondary, with the latter being lower ranked. Your EC's at one school may be favored and not at others. This is not college. Each med school is unique and has a specific mission and responsibility. You'll be more successful treating the cycle in this manner.

Go for BU, no secondary.

If you have cash to throw around and don't care about instate acceptance rates because you want the most efficient cycle let me direct you to schools with no secondaries:

Albert Einstein
Boston University (1 optional essay, 1 mandatory if gap year)
Drexel
Jefferson (1 optional essay)
Harvard (if a senior, and applying New Pathway)
Indiana
Mayo
MUSC
NYMC
Rochester
St. Louis
SUNY Upstate
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Downstate (4-5 short answer)
UCSF
University of Nebraska
University of Wisconsin (1 optional essay)
University of Tennessee
UT Galveston
UT Houston
UT San Antonio
Washington University - St. Louis (1 optional essay)
Wright State University

If money is not an issue I would say apply to all of these. There is no downside, your primary will be sent in, and you spend 15 minutes putting your photo on the secondary. If you get an interview you go, if you don't get an interview I would say you still increased your odds of an overall medical school acceptance. Shotgun method. Many people here may disagree with me on this methodology.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-schools-have-no-secondary-essays.1116289/

Reactions: 1 user