514 on aamc fl 1. Chances of 520+, test on 3/12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

believeingodsplan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1644105318877.png

Hey guys, was wondering how realistic is it to expect a +6 ish point increase. Taking the test, I had finished early in every section, pretty surprised I didn't do better honestly. Any tips on achieving my goal as well?

Members don't see this ad.

View attachment 349680
Hey guys, was wondering how realistic is it to expect a +6 ish point increase. Taking the test, I had finished early in every section, pretty surprised I didn't do better honestly. Any tips on achieving my goal as well?
Given that the average standard deviation of matriculants is 6.5 and you're looking for an increase near the upper edge, I give you about 5% odds of you've already put in a lot of studying or 50% of this was a baseline score. Those numbers are pulled entirely out of nowhere and mean nothing though.

@Mad Jack for me, i took the test last week. at that time I still had 80% of uworld and all aamc materials. You think this amount of material is still reliable to help boost my score?

@Mad Jack for me, i took the test last week. at that time I still had 80% of uworld and all aamc materials. You think this amount of material is still reliable to help boost my score?
Depends on how well you learned the fundamentals compared to your ultimate abilities. You're looking for an entire standard deviation increase in score which is certainly possible, but less likely than not due to the sheer randomness that comes with MCAT scores in the higher percentiles.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Mad Jack Hi there, Just got my score back from 3/12. 522. Your post gave me motivation and was always in the back of my mind. thank you.
There's no need to thank me, you've done incredible work, and you should feel very proud! That level of hard work and dedication will serve you well both in medical school and beyond, best of luck to you in your application and future!