515 MCAT, 3.71 cGPA, where should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingnabeel12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a non traditional Engineering student applying to medical school. I went to undergrad at University of Michigan. I have also taken 4 classes at Oakland University to finish pre reqs (orgo 1, bio 1, bio chem) and have 4.0d them.

With all those classes counted my cGPA is 3.71
my sGPA has a range due to me including some of my engineering classes under BCPM, so if none get accepted my sGPA is 3.52 but if all of my listed get accepted it would be 3.67

I have done some ECs during my undergrad in relations to engineering where I volunteered at schools, food drives and museum to educate kids on sustainable energy. I have also tutored incoming students for my ECs.

After deciding on medical school, I have shadowed for around 30 hours and have volunteered at a hospital for around 160 hours. However, due to covid I have been unable to do more volunteering and shadowing.

I have also been a TA for a physics course at Oakland University for 1.5 years.

I recently took the MCAT and I scored a 515 (128, 128, 129, 130).

I'm a first gen student from a low SES background and I live in Michigan. I'm also an immigrant from Pakistan but have US citizenship.

I was thinking of applying to:

Central Michigan University
Western Michigan University
Michigan State University
Wayne State University
University of Michigan
Oakland University

What else should I consider? What are my chances? I cannot apply to a lot of schools because I'm from a low SES and would not be able to afford applying to 15+ schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest adding these schools:
Medical College Wisconsin
Toledo
Cincinnati
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Rochester
New York Medical College