516 MCAT, 3.74 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA Help chance me/edit school list please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bdhop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, taking the thread down now.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not a bad start but you can fine tune this.

Delete Brown Rutgers U of Washington U of Utah UCONN and Hawaii. If you arent from the IE or didnt go to UCR for UG, UCR shouldnt be on here also.

OHSU typically takes more non-trad types OOS and has not shown to be friendly to be CA applicants over the years. You could say many of the same things about U of Colorado. I'd scratch both.
There isnt really any need for U of Indiana. Same with U of Wisconsin: go for the other school in WI if you like that area.
GW is about as low yield as it gets with 15+k apps and these stats are on the high end for them.
UNC OOS is very low yield, and these stats might be a little low for them(they have an unofficial 3.6/33 OOS cut off just to even be considered). You can find better uses of "reaches".
I dont consider Dartmouth, SUNY Upstate or Michigan particularly high yield here if you want more to cut from. I dont know enough about the specifics of UC admission but it's possible UCSF, UCLA and UCSD might also be part of this category as well.
Your demonstrated service(particularly non clinical and with the less fortunate populations) might be a little on the light side for schools like Tulane, UC Davis, Keck and Georgetown. A couple of these still might be worth an app though.

I count about 8-9 schools on this list currently that you could say going in you have a rather reasonable shot at getting a II at. Try and get that to a dozen. Adding UIC, U of Arizona(both), Saint Louis would get you there. Tufts, Hofstra, Cincinnati and Ohio State might also be worth consideration.

All in all you shouldnt have problems getting IIs, just work on fine tuning things and adding a few more reasonable choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users