• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

516 MCAT, 3.8 GPA: Help with list and realistic chances

Med16484

May 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi guys, I was just wondering what others think about my chance at some of these medical schools.

MCAT: 516
    GPA: 3.83 (3.88 sGPA)
    WARS: 82-85

Lots of research (750 hours) and publishments in abstracts for major journals
    Shadowing: 85 hours
    Clinical Volunteer: Have been volunteering at a hospital for the last 2 years (180 hours)

I have a few more activities but long story short here are my hours for:
    Non clinical: 700
    Clinical: 300 hours
    Research: 750 hours

Last edited:
    About the Ads

Faha

7+ Year Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    1. Attending Physician
      I suggest these schools from your list:
      State: UF, FSU, UCF, FIU, FAU, Miami, USF, Nova Patel
      Low yield: Georgetown, GW, Drexel, Tufts, Albany, NYMC
      Low (?): Creighton, TCU, Quinnipiac, Wisconsin medical college, Cincinnati
      Middle: St Louis, Indiana, Colorado, Rochester, Hofstra, Einstein, Western Michigan, Wake, Brown, Dartmouth
      Reaches: Pitt, BU, Sinai

Med16484

May 20, 2020
      1. Pre-Medical
        I suggest these schools from your list:
        State: UF, FSU, UCF, FIU, FAU, Miami, USF, Nova Patel
        Low yield: Georgetown, GW, Drexel, Tufts, Albany, NYMC
        Low (?): Creighton, TCU, Quinnipiac, Wisconsin medical college, Cincinnati
        Middle: St Louis, Indiana, Colorado, Rochester, Hofstra, Einstein, Western Michigan, Wake, Brown, Dartmouth
        Reaches: Pitt, BU, Sinai
        Thank you for the response. Overall, what do you think are my chances this cycle?

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.