MD 516 MCAT 3.98 cGPA 4.00 sGPA WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffee&scrubs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Tulane

Reactions: 2 users
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Tulane

Thank you for responding and for the extra schools! Mount Sinai has a pretty high MCAT average, and I already have a few reaches. What was the reason you added that school? I'm thinking of adding Rochester to the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for responding and for the extra schools! Mount Sinai has a pretty high MCAT average, and I already have a few reaches. What was the reason you added that school? I'm thinking of adding Rochester to the list.
It is more likely than other NYC schools you have such as Cornell and NYU.

Reactions: 1 user
*Please do NOT copy this*

MCAT: 516 (130/126/130/130)
cGPA 3.98 sGPA: 4.00

Graduating in May, taking a gap year, and applying for Fall 2020 cycle

Rhode Island resident

Research: 2 years research in organic chemistry lab; 2 pubs in medium impact journal, one 3rd author and one 2nd author. 2 posters, one at international conference and one at school honors conference. 1 patent. Possible 1st author pub before graduation. (800 hrs)

ECs: president of mental health club on campus (300 hr), volunteer and coordinator for charity walk (150 hrs), board member/chair on mental health nonprofit (100 hrs), volunteer in patient transport and emergency room (200 hrs), 4 semesters as honors course teaching assistant (450 hrs), STEM tutor for high school students (500 hrs), freshman summer orientation leader (300 hrs).

Shadowing: pediatrics primary care (160 hrs) and pediatrics adolescent specialty (10 hrs)

Gap year: ER volunteering and medical assistant position at pediatrics office

Tentative school list:

George Washington
Drexel
Georgetown
UMaryland
Tufts
Thomas Jefferson
UMass
Dartmouth
Brown University
Emory
Einstein
Ohio State
Hofstra
UPitt
Boston University
Case Western
Duke
Cornell
Harvard
Stanford
NYU

I consulted the MSAR on these and I have half the schools below my MCAT and half above. What concerns me is my state doesn't have a medical school, so these are all out of state except for Brown. I know some of these are reaches, but a girl can dream, right?

@Goro @Faha @LizzyM @WedgeDawg @gyngyn
Delete Drexel, GWU, Brown.

Add
Miami

Case

UCSF
UCSD
Keck
All Manhattan Titans

University of Cincinnati

Vanderbilt

USF
U VM

Delete Drexel, GWU, Brown.

Add
Miami

Case

UCSF
UCSD
Keck
All Manhattan Titans

University of Cincinnati

Vanderbilt

USF
U VM

Thank you so much for your help! I'll definitely add some of these schools!