This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooters Shoot

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should add a few more schools such as:
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Tulane
Einstein
Temple
Jefferson
Rochester

You should add a few more schools such as:
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Tulane
Einstein
Temple
Jefferson
Rochester
Thanks for the reply! Medical College of Wisco, St. Louis, and Einstein were all on my original list :)

If $$$ was an issue, would you recommend substituting any of your suggestions for any schools on my list?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA and Keck only accept 30 to 40 non residents per year and they are probably those who attended the undergraduate schools or OOS applicants with a much higher GPA than yours (and with a high MCAT like yours).

UCLA and Keck only accept 30 to 40 non residents per year and they are probably those who attended the undergraduate schools or OOS applicants with a much higher GPA than yours (and with a high MCAT like yours).
Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:
Other ideas/thoughts on my school list? Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!! :banana:

Here is my updated list. $$$ is an issue so I'm trying to keep my total at 15 or lower. Any advice? Schools I should take off or substitute in?

Loyola or UCLA
U of MN
Rosalind Franklin
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
UW - Madison
Tufts
Mayo*
Keck
Dartmouth
Brown
Hofstra
BU*
Columbia*

* = reach

I suggest

Here is my updated list. $$$ is an issue so I'm trying to keep my total at 15 or lower. Any advice? Schools I should take off or substitute in?

Loyola
U of MN
Rosalind Franklin
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
Tufts
Mayo*
Hofstra
BU*
Emory
Albany
NYMC
U VM
VCU
EVMS
GWU
Tulane
Rochester
Wake
U Miami
The Philly Triplets

You need more volunteering hours as well.

Thanks @Goro ! Appreciate the help. What's your reasoning about taking off UW-Madison? Just curious

"There are a good number of medical schools that reward reinvention. Based upon posts from successful SDNers, I suggest:
BU
UCSF (yes, UCSF!)
Tufts
Drexel
Albany
Columbia
Vanderbilt
Case
Duke
U Miami
NYMC
Albany
Your state schools
State schools adjacent to your state.
All other low-tiers
Any DO school."

@Goro No, I am a MN resident :) But I did see this earlier post (from 2014) from you mentioning state schools adjacent to your state. I was a little confused if you meant state schools adjacent to your state reward reinvention or if you were just suggesting the user apply to states adjacent to him/her. Could you elaborate on this?

Sorry for all the questions! I just want to get as much advice as I can so I don't go throwing money at the wrong schools :)

"."

@Goro No, I am a MN resident :) But I did see this earlier post (from 2014) from you mentioning state schools adjacent to your state. I was a little confused if you meant state schools adjacent to your state reward reinvention or if you were just suggesting the user apply to states adjacent to him/her. Could you elaborate on this?

Sorry for all the questions! I just want to get as much advice as I can so I don't go throwing money at the wrong schools :)

I use the "apply next door" criteria for when one has a stellar app. Reinvention, as far as I have seen, doesn't fulfill this.

Status
Not open for further replies.