520 MCAT 3.8 gpa School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adds12345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also probably should've mentioned I'm looking at a school list of around 15 for when I apply but I know a lot of people seem to recommend 20-25. I've seen posts on here saying if you make a smart list 12-15 should be enough though.

As long as you apply to ALL of your Florida schools you can add any OOS schools that appeal to you and your current list of OOS schools are reasonable choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as you apply to ALL of your Florida schools you can add any OOS schools that appeal to you and your current list of OOS schools are reasonable choices.
Thanks for the advice Faha! I'll keep that in mind. I was trying to apply to under 15 schools so I was hoping I could get away with 5 Florida schools instead of all 7 but I guess better safe than sorry! You mind if I ask you if I had a realistic shot at a top 20 or if I should tone it down to include more mid-tier schools?

Add Ross University
Lmaoooo added under super reach :D Haha I hope I didn't come off as fishing its just I know even though I'm in range stats wise I also feel like people at those schools tend to have over the top extra-curriculars
And thanks again Faha :)

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:

USF Morsani
UF
U Miami
Duke
USC Keck
Einstein
NYU
Mt. Sinai
[consider Columbia, Vandy, NYU, Harvard, Yale, JHU, Stanford, UCSF]
Emory
Mayo
Tufts
Hofstra
Tulane
Rest of the Florida Schools
Case
BU
Gtown

I suggest:

USF Morsani
UF
U Miami
Duke
USC Keck
Einstein
NYU
Mt. Sinai
[consider Columbia, Vandy, NYU, Harvard, Yale, JHU, Stanford, UCSF]
Emory
Mayo
Tufts
Hofstra
Tulane
Rest of the Florida Schools
Case
BU
Gtown
Hi @Goro thanks a ton on the advice! I actually had a couple questions, I heard from UCSD that since I attend a UC undergraduate and intend to stay in the state if I did medical school there they would actually consider me in state from the admissions perspective (not financially :( ). I was wondering how likely you think this would hold true for other UC med schools?
In addition when I start finalizing my list could I think of most of the Florida Schools as adequate safeties or should I throw in a few more? And since a lot of the schools on your list have lizzyms around 73-77 I assume I consider these reaches and look at schools in the 70-73 as target? I apologize for the barrage of questions lol but I really appreciate all your help

Last edited: