Quantcast

MD 526 MCAT, 3.99 GPA, PA Resident

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdabc123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

brochacho123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have a list?
Either way, with a well written application you are competitive for any school you apply to.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's your list

Harvard
Stanford
Hopkins
UCSF
Penn
WashU
Yale
Duke
Columbia
Michigan
UChicago
NYU
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Pitt
Sinai
Cornell
Emory
Case Western
Hofstra
USC-Keck
UVA
Rochester
Einstein

That's it. Done.

Med school admissions is not like undergrad admissions. The best application spread is to apply to a lot of schools where you fit the profile + a few schools where you are slightly above the target profile + your state schools.

Pennsylvania unfortunately doesn't have any true state schools. Applying to Jefferson, Drexel, etc would be a waste of money with your application - you are way too far above the 90th percentile in terms of stats for them to consider you.

Shotgun approach to top 20 (there are 17 on the above list) + few mid tiers (7 on this list) will give you your best shot. This list will easily net you 10+ interviews, which should definitely be sufficient to get an acceptance.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also consider
JHU
U MI
OH State
U Miami
SUNY-SB
UCLA
Dartmouth
BU

Here's your list

Harvard
Stanford
Hopkins
UCSF
Penn
WashU
Yale
Duke
Columbia
Michigan
UChicago
NYU
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Pitt
Sinai
Cornell
Emory
Case Western
Hofstra
USC-Keck
UVA
Rochester
Einstein

That's it. Done.

Med school admissions is not like undergrad admissions. The best application spread is to apply to a lot of schools where you fit the profile + a few schools where you are slightly above the target profile + your state schools.

Pennsylvania unfortunately doesn't have any true state schools. Applying to Jefferson, Drexel, etc would be a waste of money with your application - you are way too far above the 90th percentile in terms of stats for them to consider you.

Shotgun approach to top 20 (there are 17 on the above list) + few mid tiers (7 on this list) will give you your best shot. This list will easily net you 10+ interviews, which should definitely be sufficient to get an acceptance.

asdabc123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's your list

Harvard
Stanford
Hopkins
UCSF
Penn
WashU
Yale
Duke
Columbia
Michigan
UChicago
NYU
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Pitt
Sinai
Cornell
Emory
Case Western
Hofstra
USC-Keck
UVA
Rochester
Einstein

That's it. Done.

Thanks for your suggestions! They are very helpful!

asdabc123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's your list

Harvard
Stanford
Hopkins
UCSF
Penn
WashU
Yale
Duke
Columbia
Michigan
UChicago
NYU
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Pitt
Sinai
Cornell
Emory
Case Western
Hofstra
USC-Keck
UVA
Rochester
Einstein

That's it. Done.

Hi again,
Just to clarify as I solidify my list, schools where my stats fall way above the 90th percentile (even PA schools like Jeff which I really have a strong interest in attending) are not realistic? Would they not consider me for an interview invitation? Thanks!

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi again,
Just to clarify as I solidify my list, schools where my stats fall way above the 90th percentile (even PA schools like Jeff which I really have a strong interest in attending) are not realistic? Would they not consider me for an interview invitation? Thanks!

Correct, unless you have some very strong reason to want to go there specifically.