5R Physics and Biology Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qinnu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having really hard time understanding the key to a few questions in 5R. Could someone kindly clarify it?

Physics
Question 38.

It is asking about about CuCl2 and CuI. The key is D. However I really feel C is the right one.

Physics
Question 39

The key is CdCl3. How could it not be CdCl2?

Biology
Question 141

I choose D instead of A. In the passage it talks about "circulating lypmphocytes". My understanding is the lymphocytes are circulating for the clonal deletion. Choice A says corneal protein doesn't enter circulation. I don't think most of the cell proteins enter circulation after all(I might be wrong). If that's a problem for clonal deletion, does it mean most of the cell proteins would have similar problem? That's sounds awefully inefficient. That's why I didn't choose A.

Based on the same thinking, for 145, I choose B. Since lymphocytes are circulating, I would think bloodstream and lymph nodes are the places where clonal deletion happens.

Biology
Question 158

It is asking rRNA in the passage. The key is nonlinear. However I feel self-replicating makes more sense.

Biology
Question 216

I thought it is 6500. Yet the key is 650.

Members don't see this ad.

In my 5R answer key, the correct answers are:

Q38 - C

Q39 - C (CdCl2)

Q156 (in yours 158?) - self-replicating

Q214 (in yours 216?) - 6500 mL

So, this is why you may have been confused. But why the discrepancy?

I know this is after the fact, but this post weired me out. Did you buy this test off of ebay in pdf format? Because I just took one of those tests and had D marked as the answer on my answer key, as well. I guess it's nice to have an extra two questions under my belt, but I don't see how you can be sure of your score if those kinds of errors are consistent.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by qinnu

Biology
Question 141

I choose D instead of A. In the passage it talks about "circulating lypmphocytes". My understanding is the lymphocytes are circulating for the clonal deletion. Choice A says corneal protein doesn't enter circulation. I don't think most of the cell proteins enter circulation after all(I might be wrong). If that's a problem for clonal deletion, does it mean most of the cell proteins would have similar problem? That's sounds awefully inefficient. That's why I didn't choose A.

Biology
Question 158

It is asking rRNA in the passage. The key is nonlinear. However I feel self-replicating makes more sense.

Biology 141. This type of question is best answered by careful reading the question and predicting an answer before looking at the answer choices.

the question refers to hypothesis 1, thus the answer must have something to do with destruction of circulating lymphocytes (clonal deletion) during first months after birth. Choice D can easily be eliminated because the answer choice implies hypothesis 1 to be wrong. This may be the correct answer if the question does not ask you to refer to hypothesis 1. But, since the question asks to refer to hypothesis 1, you need to assume hypothesis 1 to be true.

Keeping in mind your prediction (destruction of circulating lymphocyte), the only answer that addresses "circulating" and Lymphocyte is answer choice A.

Question 158) You're right. teh answer is self replicating.

If its not too much to ask, can anyone reproduce the questions that the OP is referring to? I don't own those test.

THanks