5th edition of WHO Classification of Tumours of the Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Effaced

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when a 5th edition is going to be published? I'm a first year with a strong interest in hemepath and am thinking of buying the 2008 4th edition, but should I wait for the 5th to come out? Or should I just print out the published revisions (my impression is that they're not TOO extensive, but I haven't gone through everything) and make do?

Also, if you could recommend 1 hemepath text for a junior resident, which would it be?

Thanks a lot, guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the only thing we're going to get out this whole "update" are the two articles in Blood.

I was at a conference where Dr. Hasserjian was talking about an update to MPD's this autumn and he said it was due to come out in January 2017. It won't be the fifth edition but a REVISED 4th edition since they are still doing the fourth editions for the books in the series. I still don't see it anywhere yet. I remember having to wait and wait for the 2008 book too while my 2000 book was falling to pieces.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email today that it will ship in September and is available to order at WHO. It will be a revised 4th edition rather than 5th edition.

WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues, revised 4th edition - WHO - OMS -

WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues, revised 4th edition

WHO Classification of Tumours, Volume 2
IARC WHO Classification of Tumours, No 2
Swerdlow SH, Campo E, Harris NL, Jaffe ES, Pileri SA, Stein H, Thiele J
In press - Noted

Are they just putting in everything from the two blood papers on myeloid and lymphoid updates ? If so then it is not worth buying.

The Blood papers said zero about the changes that the Myeloma Group recommended for plasma cell neoplasms. Maybe this will be in there.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user