5th year of undergrad or Work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
By the time I graduate, I predict that my gpa will be 3.4, maybe breaking 3.5. My plan since last year was to take five years so that I could have time to do more EC's and raise the gpa. Howerver, because of increast tuition of about 15%, the drawback is an extra 35k that needs to be spent. My other option I thought of was to try to find a research assistant job and try to take cc courses at night after graduation. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to hear abt the 15% increase :mad:

is there anyway you can find an on-campus job that helps with tuition?

sorry to hear abt the 15% increase :mad:

is there anyway you can find an on-campus job that helps with tuition?

Yeah, 15% does suck. An on campus job is possible. It's tough cuz my parents' income is just above the cutoff for workstudy, so I can't qualify for that.

since the 5th year grades wouldnt be considered (since you're applying at the end of 4th year), id lean towards a job.

Job is a possibility. I only consider the 5th year as a chance to raise the gpa in case I don't get in.

Man, this decision is tough.

if you do a 5th year, why not at a cheaper school. 35k for a .1-1.15 increase may or may not be worth it