5yr plan, to long for a bio major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRMDR

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry, I was hoping to get some input on this question thats been bothering me a lot.
I am going to probally end up taking 5 yrs to get my bio degree and business minor. Is that too long cuz if soo, i was wanting to take more sciences during the regular year bu tI also dont want to fall behind by doing this, what do I need to do?
Thnaks again
RAJ

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure that I understand your question...
However, 5 years to get a degree is totally fine!!! As far as taking more science courses--how is your science GPA right now? If it is really good than don't bother taking anymore unless you would like to enrich your knowledge or would like to take some courses that you will need for dental school. It's nice to take your last year easy...If your science gpa isn't doing so well than do take more courses and try to boost up the math/sci gpa!

Yeah, I don't understand your question either! One thing that I do understand is that 5 years to complete a Biology degree with a Business minor is definitely not "too long"!! It took me almost 6 years to complete my Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Microbiology! 6 YEARS!!! So, if you want to take more science courses then do it! You'll need to do what ever it takes to make your application competitive and presentable! Good luck.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I really appreciate your input. Im sorry I wasn't clear but the thing was, I thought dental schools looked down on applicants who took more than 4yrs. Im glad you guys clarified that for me. THANKS AGAIN

OH no! They don't look down on you because you took 5 years as oposed to 4 years to get a degree. Lots of people even get masters degrees or further before applying to dental school....
and this is by far, longer than 5 years.
Goodluck and don't worry!!!