1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

6-7yr. BS/DMD program from hs

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by qualitycontrol, Jul 19, 2001.

1. qualitycontrol

qualitycontrol Junior Member

hellos to alls-

i'll be going to the lehigh/upenn 7yr. dental prog. and my basic motivation was that i just wanted to go into dentistry- i think i would've done it the whole 8 yards anyway. but i don't know REALLY what i'm getting into- anybody out there who's in an accelerated DENTAL program? advice? how is the rep of upenn school of dent. med.- in east? west? so if it's good, how is upenn's placement of their dentists? salaries? will i have more trouble getting started due to the lack of an extra undergrad yr.? will i be overlooked by employers in any way?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

NO I don't think that you will be looked down upon my your future patients because you did not finish undergrad. I think your patient cares that you went to dental school, not what you majored in as an undergrad or even if you completed 2,3 or 4 years of it! Do you care what your doctor did as an undergrad? I really could care less--I care more that he passed the boards!! There are lots of 7, 6, and even 5 year pre dents in my school. It does take a lot of hard work and very few make it through the program in 6 or 5, but quite a few do it in 7. Get really good grades in undergrad and you'll do just fine!!!