SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

6-7yr. BS/DMD program from hs

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by qualitycontrol, Jul 19, 2001.

1. qualitycontrol

qualitycontrol Junior Member

Jul 18, 2001
    hellos to alls-

i'll be going to the lehigh/upenn 7yr. dental prog. and my basic motivation was that i just wanted to go into dentistry- i think i would've done it the whole 8 yards anyway. but i don't know REALLY what i'm getting into- anybody out there who's in an accelerated DENTAL program? advice? how is the rep of upenn school of dent. med.- in east? west? so if it's good, how is upenn's placement of their dentists? salaries? will i have more trouble getting started due to the lack of an extra undergrad yr.? will i be overlooked by employers in any way?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE 7+ Year Member

Jul 16, 2001
    California
    NO I don't think that you will be looked down upon my your future patients because you did not finish undergrad. I think your patient cares that you went to dental school, not what you majored in as an undergrad or even if you completed 2,3 or 4 years of it! Do you care what your doctor did as an undergrad? I really could care less--I care more that he passed the boards!! There are lots of 7, 6, and even 5 year pre dents in my school. It does take a lot of hard work and very few make it through the program in 6 or 5, but quite a few do it in 7. Get really good grades in undergrad and you'll do just fine!!!