6 Days Notice for first Interview! Am I at a disadvantage if I reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dskornha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i got my first response back from any schools today. Case Western offered me an interview for next Monday, Sept 24 because a spot opened up. While I am very grateful, I feel very rushed and was not prepared to have so little time for arranging a flight, getting a suit, and taking off work, etc. I was told that if I reschedule I would have to choose from a date after Dec. 1. Does anyone think I would I be at a disadvantage (fewer spots to be accepted into?) if I choose to postpone my interview? I was expecting a bit more time..Thanks in advance for any good advice

Members don't see this ad.

So i got my first response back from any schools today. Case Western offered me an interview for next Monday, Sept 24 because a spot opened up. While I am very grateful, I feel very rushed and was not prepared to have so little time for arranging a flight, getting a suit, and taking off work, etc. I was told that if I reschedule I would have to choose from a date after Dec. 1. Does anyone think I would I be at a disadvantage (fewer spots to be accepted into?) if I choose to postpone my interview? I was expecting a bit more time..Thanks in advance for any good advice

I wouldn't leave it for the future. Try to sort things out if possible.

Members don't see this ad :)

Really? you need to go. period.

I wouldn't pass up the opportunity. Go for it!

-Matthew

yeah 100% you have to go the chances will greatly diminish after dec 1

Thanks guys. I think I just needed to hear it. I will make this work!