6 week study plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

therealdeal1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to finish finals and I will have about 6 weeks to study for the MCAT. I have TBR Physics and Chem, EK Bio and Verbal, and TPR Orgo. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to approach this to get the best results.

I will have all day for the next 6 weeks to study until my test date.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm about to finish finals and I will have about 6 weeks to study for the MCAT. I have TBR Physics and Chem, EK Bio and Verbal, and TPR Orgo. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to approach this to get the best results.

I will have all day for the next 6 weeks to study until my test date.
6 weeks is an unreasonable amount of time to cover all that material, unless you plan on doing exclusively passages. There's 10 chapters in TBR Physics & Chem (20 total), about 8 for EK Bio, 6 for TPRH Orgo. Even if you somehow pulled 12 hour days of intense studying and still maintain clarity with your studies despite all the fatigue you may get, you need to allocate enough time to do practice passages. I think you should be more realistic with your approach. 6 weeks won't cut it unless you already know your stuff well, in which case, your time should be spend doing passages and practice aamcs.

Adding to what Czarcasm said, too much content too little time. The MCAT isn't like a regular exam, it tests you differently and makes you think differently. Having 6 weeks to study wouldn't guarantee you a solid score. Id recommend taking it at least 4 month to study.

It depends on you. As I said under other threads, my friend studied only for 2 weeks and got 42.
MCAT doesnt require a lot of memorization.

Members don't see this ad :)
6 weeks is plenty time if you just need just a refresher. If you have to learn an entire subject then no you need time to let that material sit in your head

I'm sitting at <6 weeks as of now as well. But I am a re-taker, so hopefully, much of the information is a refresher. Sure we'll have to re-memorize equations and concepts, but it can definitely be done. All about good time management! Last summer I studied for 3 months...and some days I only did 1-2 hours while working full-time. I think you can do it! Just focus, save at least a few weeks for purely AAMC practice exams, and feel confident! Good luck!