6-year high school candidates UNITE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MagicalTrevor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now all of us grade twelves will have a place to waste time while waiting for March.:)

Members don't see this ad.

When do you think we will first hear from Atlantic Bridge or any ofd the unis?

I'm guessing a very low number of us will be going to UCD so there's march first. But RCSI will be where the most of us get acccepted I think. Unfortunately, this is in May/June =\. I just wish this semester was over so the wait would end XD

Members don't see this ad :)
Well my chances of getting in is very rare but i did apply to the 6 year program !
and if i get in I dont care which one it would be a great honor...and to tell you the truth i would do anything to get it!

Same here. I hate how we know NOTHING about the applicant pool though. It makes the process so nerve-wracking. If we knew how many were applying or other information it'd make the whole process so much easier. The closer it gets to March the more nervous I get :(. One day I think I have no chance in hell and the next I think yeah i'll get in no worries. Ugh I hate it :(.

Well , i know that you feel that way and i am pretty sure you will get in magical trevor :luck: For me its just i am not academically strong like other people and you. I mean i have the best student attendance in my grade, i am really determined, i have over 200+ hours volunteering and i work hard. Its just i am not as smart acdemically like other people are but i dont do terrible in school I am a high 70s to low/mid 80s student.To me being a doctor is the greatest thing in the world and it means whole lot to me i will tell you i would trade absolutely anything to becoming a doctor. It means alot to me:(

Hey Canadian for life, dont worry about being "smart". I got into the 6 year program out of highschool last fall and we just finished our exams (so we are like on our second sem for foundation year). I applied with mid high 80s and a lot of my friends had really high grade 12 averages so i know how you feel and it was really intimidating at first. The key to succeding (sp?) here is to put effort and hours into studying. Intelligence is not as important so much as dedication to your studies. Intelligence wise I am no where near the bulk of the class but i managed to get second place on exams because i crammed day and night for like a month :laugh:

one thing to take note is keep up in Bio cause it tends to pile up like crazy. Other than that I wish you luck guys

:luck: :thumbup: :thumbup: :luck:

Thanks vegetto. Just have faith and optimism during these months Canadianforlife. We have nothing left to do but wait :p. Oh yeah i'm from Canada too. Ontario to be exact. How about you? It's cold as hell here XD.

Hey Canadian for life, dont worry about being "smart". I got into the 6 year program out of highschool last fall and we just finished our exams (so we are like on our second sem for foundation year). I applied with mid high 80s and a lot of my friends had really high grade 12 averages so i know how you feel and it was really intimidating at first. The key to succeding (sp?) here is to put effort and hours into studying. Intelligence is not as important so much as dedication to your studies. Intelligence wise I am no where near the bulk of the class but i managed to get second place on exams because i crammed day and night for like a month :laugh:

one thing to take note is keep up in Bio cause it tends to pile up like crazy. Other than that I wish you luck guys

:luck: :thumbup: :thumbup: :luck:

Thanks appreciate the advice and magical trevor. I am from ontario too, thornhill :) say magical trevor what if you dont get in whats your back up?

the weather here is excellent :D
When I came back to Toronto after exams I was so not used to the Canadian weather

I am from Richmond Hill, Ontario btw

I'm from Sudbury. It's cold up here :laugh:. My back-up plan is Western science or science at Mac. I got early acceptance to Waterloo and OttawaU which were my other two choices so I'm pretty sure i'll get into Western and Mac as well. How about you? What are you back-up choices?

I'm from Sudbury. It's cold up here :laugh:. My back-up plan is Western science or science at Mac. I got early acceptance to Waterloo and OttawaU which were my other two choices so I'm pretty sure i'll get into Western and Mac as well. How about you? What are you back-up choices?

Heyyy Magical trevor, my back up is Bulgaria is 6 year english medical program, then its Laurentian i am pretty sure you know something about that considering you live around there! and congratulations on getting early acceptance i am pretty sure your parents are proud of you. Anyways man keep in touch if you get in to Ireland or anything. Tell me about it :luck:

Yeah for sure man. I'm excited all the same to be going off to university regardless of where I end up. Do you have MSN or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from either UCD or RCSI for the six year programs? Does anyone know the timeline for these?

Yup. I've received an interview from RCSI..

I recieved an offer for RCSI interview at New York, but nothing from UCD.

Nada from UCD. Interview to RCSI.

Now that the first interview round has passed, I am curious about which six-year applicants receive word from RCSI and when!

What's everyone's status?

I did not have an RCSI interview but have also not heard anything back. It looks like some people are beginning to get rejections...

I'm expecting a response from RCSI within 2-3 weeks so I just sit tight and wait.

lol the interviewer told me that we should expect a response within 7-10 days...

Hmmm I wonder why there is the discrepancy. At any rate I'd hope to be getting a response by the end of the week.

Remember that travel time from California/Ireland may be a factor as well since the mail may take a few days to arrive.

I think we're all more than just a little on edge. One minute I htink I'm shoo-in (well no, I never think I'm a shoo-in cuz I'm pessimistic like that) abd the next I feel like I have no chance. I hate false hope.

Yeah same here. I'm just hoping for a response soon. The suspense and anxiety of waiting is horrible

I used to feel like a shoo-in, but it's hard to feel like that with a rejection letter hanging in your room. :rolleyes: At this point, I really will be happy and disappointed either way--I just want to know for sure.

Hey Im a Canadian grade 12 and i got accepted to RCSI yesterday! Good luck to everyone else, Im sure you'll hear back soon!

hey!
i got accepted to RCSI also but i was wonderin if its worth the price?

i got accepted to UCD 6-year program! I was told i am part of a super-exclusive club of only 2 students from all of north america, although that doesn't seem right...

I have applied this year
and am feeling the EXACT same
i really dont know the ballpark of my chances

Of those that was accepted, how were your high school grades and extracurricular activites??

I have low 90s in the sciences except an 80 in bio with mid 80s in social
so have a high 80s average in the end and teach drums and volunteer outside of school

REPLY pleease

I have applied this year
and am feeling the EXACT same
i really dont know the ballpark of my chances

Of those that was accepted, how were your high school grades and extracurricular activites??

I have low 90s in the sciences except an 80 in bio with mid 80s in social
so have a high 80s average in the end and teach drums and volunteer outside of school

REPLY pleease

I don't think anyne will respond, b/c if you look closely, these posts are from 2007.