$64,000 Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chandler742

Removed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. How many of you guys would pay $64,000 to score a 40 on a future MCAT (let's assume that if you paid the money you would get a 40)?

If you don't have the money, let's assume you can borrow it from a bank at a compound rate of 4% per year over 20 years, and you don't have to start paying until you are a physician (or sooner if you choose).

Members don't see this ad.

That is a GREAT question!

Years ago I asked someone if they could start college all over, and not have their previous record open for evaluation, would they do it? Would they repeat four years of college to have a higher GPA and thus a better chance of getting into medical school.

Mind if I tack that question onto yours?

dude, dont post this silly hypothetical stuff now, shouldn't you guys be spending your precious last week studying or something?:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
let's not assume everyone on here is taking the MCAT next week...Some of us are not...

Not everyone on the MCAT chatboard is taking the exam next week...

well, I am taking MCAT next week - but I'm still reading and posting on SDN - we all have our own 'de-stress' methods - and it's as vital a part of MCAT prep as any....

in any case - back to the mental masturbation we were originally asked...no, i wouldn't - i believe I can score well enough to get into medical school. The only reason I would want a 40 would be if it got me a scholarship of any description (and thats unlikely even with a 40 MCAT) - but if I had to pay $64,000 to get it, that'de pretty much nulify the scholarship so it's be pretty pointless.

Ask me again in two months when I have my results....I may change my mind!

I would much rather study my ass off, come out with a 30 or higher and not have to worry about being 64000 in debt to whoever. :D The MCAT score is only a piece of the pie. Several people with 40+ scores get rejected every year, so in my opinion, I'd save the money and buy a couple of years tuition.

If you can get a 30+, which most people should be able to do, why would you buy a 40?