7/28 - DAT retake finished TS: 21 AA:20

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samdig

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got to say, I am just satisfied that I am finally done with this test. Here are my scores:

PA: 18
QR: 19
RC: 17
BIO: 19
GC: 23
OC: 23
TS: 21
AA: 20

Last years scores were:

PA: 17
QR: 14
RC: 17
BIO: 21
GC: 21
OC: 16
TS: 19
AA: 18

I USED:

CDM, CDP, topscore, kbb, and dat destroyer.

Pretty much an all around improvement in all areas except for reading...hopefully schools will look at my AA and then say "well at least he has no scores under 17"...but maybe that's wishful thinking...ANYWAY here is a break down.

PA: I used CDP and only did like 3 tests. Had I done more I think I would have seen a better score. I was scoring 19-21 in those tests so it was accurate. I really think CDP is the way to go. For me, projections on the real DAT were a little harder than CDP, angles were slightly harder, hole punching was WAY easier, and TFE was as hard or harder on the real thing. The only way to do good on this section is CDP and I feel that CDP was more representative of the real thing than Topscore...but Topscore is pretty close too.

QR: I started with KBB to get the basics, the I used CDM and DAT destroyer. I had to questions with celsius to fahrenheit and vise versa which threw me off. I would say CDM was pretty representative of the real thing...I only got through 6 tests. On the first couple I gave myself an additional 5min. I was getting 20-21 on CDM and I felt that I did just as well on the real DAT...I was surprised to see a 19 but I'll take that over a 14 any day of the week! I kind of wish I took a look at math destroyer because I have no way to compare it to CDM but I thought CDM was a great tool and would highly recommend it.

RC: Okay I just suck at this section and I just didn't know hot to approach it. I had KBB, Topscore, CDR, and I really only used topscore (mainly because I heard CDR sucks and didn't want to waste my time). I could have tried harder to prepare myself of this section but I was getting like 20's on topscore. Oh well...

Biology: I used only KBB and Topscore and I didn't really study taxonomy at all (just used what I remembered from my bio class) and I barely studied for evolution, ecology, and all I can say is that I really don't think those are the questions that hurt my score. I was really confident in the answers I had for the few questions I got on those topics. All I have to say is that it was REALLY random lol. You are either going to know it or you won't, It really depends on what questions you get that day. I remember seeing some stuff that I didn't know I would need to know in such detail or stuff that I had never seen or read about. I should have taken some extra time to use cliffs. KBB is great and is what got my 21 last time, but I feel that cliffs would have covered everything in better detail.

OC: REALLY STRAIGHT FORWARD. If you can get through DAT destroyer, KBB, and topscore and get like 19's, you can definitely get a 23 in this section (if not more).

GC: Just used the same stuff that I used for Ochem. Again really straight forward. I wasn't given all of the molar masses on mine but the calculations were very short and most answer choices were unsolved equations so I would have to compute crazy numbers. KBB was probably enough but DAT destroyer will make u a machine. Destroyer was AWSOME for ochem and gchem. GET THAT BOOK.

At the end of the day, one of my best resources was this site. Seriously check it everyday. If you are having doubts, questions, concerns...you can find anything here. I wish I had found it sooner. Answers (and some questions) for all of your questions can be found here and if you can't find it, just ask it and you will get at least one response.

I hope my scores are good enough to get me an interview with my 3.0GPA...we'll see.

Members don't see this ad.