8 interviews...Should I go to anymore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personalstatementsbyeric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard back from my top choice schools - should I go to any other interviews if I manage to get anymore, or am I just wasting mint?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard back from my top choice schools - should I go to any other interviews if I manage to get anymore, or am I just wasting mint?
I think 8 is more than enough as long as you are confident you can express why you want to be a dentist and why you would be a good one. I wouldn't waste money attending more if I was you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Barring some extreme social ineptitude you'll be fine.

Reactions: 5 users
Did you end up hearing from Columbia?

Reactions: 2 users
Insane bro! And you're the guy with a 19 AA right? xD. What's your secret ^___^?

I think I saw your 19AA club thread, when did you apply? what schools are these? how many schools did you apply to? and most of all congrats!

Reactions: 3 users
I think I saw your 19AA club thread, when did you apply? what schools are these? how many schools did you apply to? and most of all congrats!

I'm not sure why 19AA is treated like its a 14AA on SDN (but I guess SDN just has high AAers in general), but 19-20AA is still the average matriculated average. Everyone I know who got in in real life had 19AA last cycle.

Reactions: 10 users
OP, I wouldn't go to more than 8. Unless you're awkward or ugly lol. I'm jk.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure why 19AA is treated like its a 14AA on SDN (but I guess SDN just has high AAers in general), but 19-20AA is still the average matriculated average. Everyone I know who got in in real life had 19AA last cycle.
I didn't mean to disrespect anybody who received a 19-20 AA. I'm not part of the 23+ AA individuals on this website however looking at most of the breakdowns here I see 24,25,26 AA and TS which really makes a 20 seems like worthless but if outside of SDN people with 19-20 are getting into one of the schools they want then that just makes me happier!!

Members don't see this ad :)
8 should be more than enough (given you aren't waiting to hear back from a top choice). From your previous posts, you don't seem like the type of person who would inadvertently sabotage their own interviews. Best of luck!

I would go to all, you never know. A friend almost didn't go to one, and he went and got an academic scholarship. I didnt even know they had those for dental school.

Take buses to save on travel costs if you have to.

Hey If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

Also if I had interviews to a few of my top choices, I'd probably only have a few extra just in case (if I had any interviews lol).

Man I wish I was in your shoes lol.

But seriously, great job! You are proving that having sub 20 AAs isn't an issue. I left the DAT section cause I got tired of all of the "should I retake my 21???!!"

Reactions: 4 users
Man I wish I was in your shoes lol.

But seriously, great job! You are proving that having sub 20 AAs isn't an issue. I left the DAT section cause I got tired of all of the "should I retake my 21???!!"
Lol someone ik irl just asked that. They did get a 16 in bio though :(

Waste of time imo.

I'm going to go to all of mine just in case. Congrats btw!

You lucky...

Seriously, congrats on EIGHT INTERVIEWS. That's amazing!! I'd say go to all you get invited to.

Congrats on all the interviews! Hopefully you will get into your top choice.
I would still attend your others, if invited. Give yourself a better chance, because you never know what may happen. You might get one more interview, decide to go, and end up with that school being your only acceptance (which I hope is not the case).
There have been people in the threads in the past who have had tons of interviews with no acceptances, and others with 1 interview and 1 acceptance.
Either way, 8 invites by early September is awesome! Congrats!

All I want to say is:"Good luck on those interviews and hope you to ace them!"

Congrats and I don't see the big deal about sub 20 DAT when that's basically the average DAT score for accepted students

sub 20 is nub ;). um... umm... i shouldn't be talking i cry with 0 acceptances x D

I got 9 interviews w a 19AA 18 pat. Holistic review underrated :happy: