8-Week Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Michael37

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, does anyone happen to know of any institutions offering several 8-week courses and with these 8-week courses including the sciences? I know that this is seen in a universities on occasion but not much in courses to do with the sciences. I've looked through all Texas institutions and have seen what's available. I'm just looking into other states for now and get a more comprehensive view of what courses are available. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try Mesa community college in Arizona
Thank you! I looked into Mesa Community College's course schedule under "Spring Flex Start 2021", and there are shortened classes for the later half of this semester. However, for the sciences such as biology and chemistry, these courses predominantly consist of independent studies. In my case, I'm looking for shortened classes in the sciences. Within the sciences, I'm seeking the following courses: genetics, microbiology, gen chem 1, and any physiology courses (except for A & P 1 or 2). I'm open to courses that are slight variations of these as I understand that not every course has the same title but it's content can still overlap well.

Once again, thank you for your suggestion. It is greatly appreciated to help out. If there are any other suggestions from you or anyone reading this, please let me know. Have a great week!

Thank you! I looked into Mesa Community College's course schedule under "Spring Flex Start 2021", and there are shortened classes for the later half of this semester. However, for the sciences such as biology and chemistry, these courses predominantly consist of independent studies. In my case, I'm looking for shortened classes in the sciences. Within the sciences, I'm seeking the following courses: genetics, microbiology, gen chem 1, and any physiology courses (except for A & P 1 or 2). I'm open to courses that are slight variations of these as I understand that not every course has the same title but it's content can still overlap well.

Once again, thank you for your suggestion. It is greatly appreciated to help out. If there are any other suggestions from you or anyone reading this, please let me know. Have a great week!
I’ll pm you because I found microbiology

That starts March 8th to April 24th

ASU Online, while a bit expensive, offers half-semester courses. Be warned though, they are incredibly intense! I did A&P 2 and Advanced Physio both in the accelerated. They were work! Feel free to PM with any questions.