8 weeks away, need advice! Deja Review or USMLE Secrets?!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilPhysician

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've finished one pass of First Aid 2012 and Im currently hoping to finish annotating pathoma, go over kaplan Q bank and UWorld first pass, and finish annotating Clinical Micro made ridiculously Simple by 5 weeks out...:eek::eek::eek:

assuming I get that in, I need help for integrating the information from that point on.

I'm hoping that I can get a couple more passes of FA2012 in (with DIT) and maybe one more pass of UWorld

I need a good review book that I can go over in a pinch in a couple days and Deja Review Step1 and USMLE secrets for Step1 seem like the best bet based on my learning style but I only have time for one

any advice? anyone out there get a killer score using either resource? Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Deja Review get good feedback around here, but I haven't used it or taken the test.

Personally, I think that the DIT workbook is a great way to review the highest-yield topics in the last couple of days.

Also, I think that USMLERx Express is a good option for covering everything quickly one more time. You probably won't be able to watch all of the lectures in two days (it's about 50 hours, but you can usually play it at at least 1.5x speed), but you could limit it to just your weakest subjects.

My plan (after finishing DIT) is to make another pass of their workbook, do a full pass of First Aid with the help of FA Express, and review all of the Goljan high-yields and the like. If I have any time left over, I might re-watch the DIT lectures on some of my weakest points. But I've scheduled about 10 days for review after finishing DIT, so you probably won't be able to do all that.

I've finished one pass of First Aid 2012 and Im currently hoping to finish annotating pathoma, go over kaplan Q bank and UWorld first pass, and finish annotating Clinical Micro made ridiculously Simple by 5 weeks out...:eek::eek::eek:

assuming I get that in, I need help for integrating the information from that point on.

I'm hoping that I can get a couple more passes of FA2012 in (with DIT) and maybe one more pass of UWorld

I need a good review book that I can go over in a pinch in a couple days and Deja Review Step1 and USMLE secrets for Step1 seem like the best bet based on my learning style but I only have time for one

any advice? anyone out there get a killer score using either resource? Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!!:D

My exam is in few weeks as well, i have annotated everything from pathoma, RR path and some from kaplan biochemistry to FA2012, and i have been drilling FA like crazy everyday with uworld questions. If you still have DIT subscription then you should just listen to lectures, in area that you weak in ( even though he reads from FA ).

My plan for 2.5 weeks :

FA+Uworld :diebanana:

Good luck