89.6% average, 36Q, Canadian, lack of EC variety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mithril

Johnny Canuck
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote my MCAT on July 29th and got back my mark on August 31st.

14 PS
8 VR
14 BS
Q

Total 36Q.

I'm worried a bit about my verbal. I've already applied to UBC and working on U of Alberta, U of Calgary, U of Manitoba, and McGill. I don't think I'll be applying to any American schools, but I might apply to U of Melbourne in Australia later on.

I'm a microbiology and immunology major and heading into my 4th year on September 7th. My cumulative average percentage for all my courses thus far is 89.6%. I don't know how that translates into a GPA.

The problem is that I lack extracurricular activities after high school. I mean, the only things I've really done after high school is that I travelled to Bangladesh for 3 weeks to visit some family and help out in the rural communities and I've volunteered for about 302 hours at the local hospital at the medical imaging department. I use a lot of my spare time to work out instead of using that time to do more volunteer work. I can speak, read, write, and understand three languages (English, Bengali, and French).

I'm just a bit worried my extracurriculars are lacking.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've calculated my GPA and it comes to 3.89.

This site is a primarily American school application site and thus you will not get much advice regarding Canadian or Australia schools. You should try premed101 since you are applying from Canada.
Either way, not many American schools will take you with the 8 anyway, especially with the lack of extracurriculars