strugglesofblondie

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I am a Florida resident who was re-scheduled due to Irma for this coming Tuesday, Sept 19, at the original test site i was booked for the 9/9 test date. I just got an email from the AAMC telling me to check my AAMC account to verify test center location, but when I go to my page, under Registration, it says "You are not currently registered for the MCAT", and suggests to continue registration (which I can't actually complete), but my test center and Tuesday date are displayed... Is this happening to anyone else? As long as my test center and date are displayed, and I have the email from Prometric about the reschedule date, I should be fine right....? SOS really don't need this extra panic so close to test day!

Reactions: Ad2b

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you ever receive a phone call from the Candidate Care center folks in Maryland?

I just checked mine.

The test site is listed as 9/19 at 8 AM in the location where I was told. HOWEVER, right below it the message says:

"You are not currently registered for the MCAT exam"

I have the confirmation from Prometric and also from the AAMC regarding my rescheduled date, plus I received the "MCATdon'tyoudaredivulgethetopics" blurb.

Sounds to me like it's an issue with the AAMC site not our registration.

OP
strugglesofblondie

strugglesofblondie

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you ever receive a phone call from the Candidate Care center folks in Maryland?

I just checked mine.

The test site is listed as 9/19 at 8 AM in the location where I was told. HOWEVER, right below it the message says:

"You are not currently registered for the MCAT exam"

I have the confirmation from Prometric and also from the AAMC regarding my rescheduled date, plus I received the "MCATdon'tyoudaredivulgethetopics" blurb.

Sounds to me like it's an issue with the AAMC site not our registration.
I did receive a call but wasn't by my phone to answer it so they left a voicemail informing me it would be rescheduled, and then I got the email! Yeah I've gotten all the emails from AAMC the past week but my page says the same as yours, I guess its because like our test date technically passed so on the website its just in line with that! Yay thank you that makes me feel better! I also DMed the AAMC_MCAT twitter with the question so I'll let you know if they reply.... :D

About the Ads

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
DMed the AAMC_MCAT twitter with the question
They are not great about Twitter... they really need to learn from @GoldenKnights :)

My exam support person emailed me personally to let me know what was happening with the exam and my accommodations so, I'm good with the exam date. BUT ... feel like I'm way over on the wrong side of YD. :( No mojo right now. The day before Sept 2, I hit 512 on FL 2 and was feeling stoked; now I'm worried I couldn't hit 472 ;)

OP
strugglesofblondie

strugglesofblondie

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They are not great about Twitter... they really need to learn from @GoldenKnights :)

My exam support person emailed me personally to let me know what was happening with the exam and my accommodations so, I'm good with the exam date. BUT ... feel like I'm way over on the wrong side of YD. :( No mojo right now. The day before Sept 2, I hit 512 on FL 2 and was feeling stoked; now I'm worried I couldn't hit 472 ;)
OMG SAME!! I'm trying to study right now and I'm feeling like everything I ever learn just fell out of my brain this last week or something... I was so ready and now I'm like actually panicking

Reactions: Ad2b

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
FYI - release date for all 9/19 test takers is Oct 10th.

Reactions: strugglesofblondie

dzhao

2+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2016
Texas
Status
Post Doc
Do not be panic. Same issue from TX. Called AAMC yesterday and they confirmed that it is just the system problem. Also received a call from local Prometric center reminding the test of tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: strugglesofblondie
About the Ads