djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Took the test today and voided.... The only reason i would have voided was if i ran out of time on any section and had to blindly guess on whole passages. Well I poorly managed my time in CARS today and had to finish like 3 passages within 15 minutes and guessed on the last 5 or so questions.

I felt fine on all the other sections and actually thought i did well on B/B and P/S but the fact that i was so behind on CARS really shook me up. It didnt help that my screen was freezing for 20 seconds at a time in CARS.

That being said, I voided and am really disappointed. The bright side is it was just a timing issue and i felt strong on my content but i dont know... See you January 19th :)

21Rush12

Searching a cave behind a waterfall
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I'm sorry to hear this happened...but if you think you made the right choice then you did.

Keep up the content studying and practice exams and score your January one!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Piglet2020

2+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2016
It'll be okay! If you felt fine for all the other sections, then work on speed-reading for CARS. I'm not that fast of a reader myself, but I practiced skimming for important main ideas. When you are practicing, I suggest jotting down a few phrases about the main idea/purpose for each paragraph and move on. Def don't dwell on individual paragraphs. I like to say that you don't technically need to understand 100% what the author is talking about half the time, though it helps. Remember, you are not reading those passages to memorize facts.

Try pinpointing which "type" of passage you have trouble with: science? sociology? literature? politics?

Read more of those types of passages every day. You should be able to pick up on keywords. It's a skill, and later a habit, you can develop over time.

Good luck!

About the Ads

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Took the test today and voided.... The only reason i would have voided was if i ran out of time on any section and had to blindly guess on whole passages. Well I poorly managed my time in CARS today and had to finish like 3 passages within 15 minutes and guessed on the last 5 or so questions.

I felt fine on all the other sections and actually thought i did well on B/B and P/S but the fact that i was so behind on CARS really shook me up. It didnt help that my screen was freezing for 20 seconds at a time in CARS.

That being said, I voided and am really disappointed. The bright side is it was just a timing issue and i felt strong on my content but i dont know... See you January 19th :)
You did the smart thing.!

Reactions: DBC03
OP
djsbaseball2014

djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
@21Rush12 @Goro Thank you guys. Waking up this morning and looking back, I know i did the right thing, I would have just been frustrated with a bad CARS score.

@Piglet2020 Definitely. I was at a point in my CARS where i was doing well, only missing like 5-6 questions per section on my practice tests and these past like 2-3 weeks leading up to the test it just started deteriorating... I think on the real thing i was just so caught up with trying to be careful that i was moving way to slow. I'll definitely start reading things like the economist and other journals to quicken my pace. I appreciate the feedback

Reactions: 21Rush12
About the Ads