9 Month DC-to-DO Bridge; Done Deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

facetguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After years of discussion and planning, the 9 month DC-to-DO bridge is just about finalized.

www.chiroweb.com/DO_merge/php?z0401.htm

From the article:
"Today, Chiropractic physicians are trained in virtually all aspects of primary care. After a 3 month intensive course in pharmacology, followed by 6 months of hospital rotations, DCs will become eligible for licensure as Osteopathic Physicians."

"...will help fill a concerning and growing need for primary care in the U.S."

"The expectation is that most will pursue primary care, although no specific limitations are expected as to specialty."

Is the osteopathic community at large on board with this?

Members don't see this ad.

After years of discussion and planning, the 9 month DC-to-DO bridge is just about finalized.

www.chiroweb.com/DO_merge/php?z0401.htm

From the article:
"Today, Chiropractic physicians are trained in virtually all aspects of primary care. After a 3 month intensive course in pharmacology, followed by 6 months of hospital rotations, DCs will become eligible for licensure as Osteopathic Physicians."

"...will help fill a concerning and growing need for primary care in the U.S."

"The expectation is that most will pursue primary care, although no specific limitations are expected as to specialty."

Is the osteopathic community at large on board with this?

EDIT: GAHHHH I feel so stupid >_<

I've never heard of this and I'm definitely not on board with this... How could the leaders of the Osteopathic community let this happen??? After all the struggles over the last century to distinguish ourselves from Chiropractors, we are taking a step back?! All I want to know now is, what can we do to prevent this from happening?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sums up my reaction:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0[/YOUTUBE]

Happy april 1st, folks.

From CNN: www.cnn.com/health/q?dcdo=0401...

""We think this is a near-perfect union. Given the chiropractic profession's longstanding superiority in the manual medicine field, we believe this bridge will move the osteopathic profession's image forward tremendously", says Dr. Jagger, deputy spokesman for the AOA"...

""We think this is a near-perfect union. Given the chiropractic profession's longstanding superiority in the manual medicine field, we believe this bridge will move the osteopathic profession's image forward tremendously", says Dr. Jagger, deputy spokesman for the AOA"...

LOL. Great.

HAHAHAHA. Awesome. If I'm the deputy spokesman, I better get a badge. :laugh:

Man, you guys are too good. The MDs would have never figured it out so quickly.:D