9 months of studying time. Here are my resources- suggestions, please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonari

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently enrolled in an international school and have approximately 9 months until I take the Step 1. Being an IMG, I want to do my absolute best, just like any other med student. I'm currently going to use these resources for studying:

1. 2010 FA
2. UWorld
3. RR by Goljan, G-transcripts, & G-audio.
4. Kaplan
5. DIT
6. Costanzo Physiology and her BRS Physiology book.

I decided to go with the system approach. When learning about cardio, start with the physio and then integrate pharm and pathology with it. However, I'm just a bit worried because I'm going to be taking Pharm and Path starting this semester. On the weekends, I'm going to look at the other courses (ie Anatomy, Embryo, Micro, etc etc).

What do you guys think about this approach? By time my current semester finishes (~April), I'd like to take a practice NBME exam and see where I stand, for knowing the material. From there, see what I don't know, review that material, and take another practice NBME after 2 to 3 weeks, and repeat the cycle until September, which is my projected date of taking S1.

Members don't see this ad.