90d BOG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stiz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is 90 day BOG still in effect for docs? I'm 60W and got email about heading out for a "year". I'm wondering if they just made a mistake and assumed that versus did something change. I'm Army Reserves TPU. If this hasn't changed and this is not a mistake, who do I contact other than unit to correct this ????

Members don't see this ad.

Is 90 day BOG still in effect for docs? I'm 60W and got email about heading out for a "year". I'm wondering if they just made a mistake and assumed that versus did something change. I'm Army Reserves TPU. If this hasn't changed and this is not a mistake, who do I contact other than unit to correct this ????
For army, yes. Unless you took a “key” position. Brigade surgeon and up are not protected iirc

I'm currently an O-3, not in a "key" position as far as I know. What's to keep them from calling 'any' position a key position?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently an O-3, not in a "key" position as far as I know. What's to keep them from calling 'any' position a key position?
It’s a policy written down somewhere (at least from what my command tells me). I went in to this just assuming it might get changed on me so I never bothered to find the actual policy

This is exactly why you severe ties with the military cleanly at the end of your ADSO unless you are willing to be deployed and away from you practice for a year.

As HighPriest has said in the past, you are seen only as a tool to the military. They don’t care about your concerns or desires and can change policy any time they wish.

Try this - Paragraph 4-12b. It says Reserves 90 days but check the related references at the end of the document or try to find the 2019 version. -
2018 Army Mobilization and Deployment Reference

This might be the 2019 version of Mobilization and Deployment Reference - check more thoroughly but I did not see a 90 Day BOG reference for Medical Corps. I found this document from the PDF at the bottom of this article. Let us know how it turns out.

Edit - "For any changes, corrections or clarification, please contact the G-1 Mobilization team at [email protected] "

Edit 2 - The 2019 document does reference the 90d BOG "ASA (M&RA) Memo Army Medical RC’s 90-day Rotation Policy (dated 2 Oct 2003)" on page 1-6. Tell 'em to GTFO

Last edited: