1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

90th %tile NBDE

Discussion in 'Dental' started by nug, Jun 18, 2002.

1. nug

nug Member
    10+ Year Member

What is 90th percentile NBDE I score? Would it be possible to get a score like this just using dental decks?
    Thanks,
    nugg

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

a score of 90 on part 1 and 87 in part 2 will give you in the 90 th percentile. I only used decks and scored 92 and 88 respectively.

4. racemic01

racemic01 Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow! Great job Big Poppa.

How far in advance do students study for the Boards? Do you start studying during 2nd year or do you have enough time to study during the summer? Also, I hear there are different Dental Decks or different years? Are they all the same?

5. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I started studying in May for Part 1(the test is in July) and in september for part 2 (the test is in december). Both times I hardly studied the week before, the decks get pretty boring after a while.

6. DBEAR

DBEAR Member
    10+ Year Member

Actully, a score of 90 on Part I means that you di better than 79.1% of the people who took the test. A score of 87 on part II means you did better than 87.7% of the peolpe who took the test. I got this info from the back of my National board scores.

7. racemic01

racemic01 Member
    7+ Year Member

How well do you have to score to be competitive for residencies such as ortho and endo? I've heard both "a 90" and "the 90th percentile".

8. gryffindor

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Big Poppa, you started studying in May for Part I? Yikes! My classmates and I all started this Monday. Three and a half weeks to go. We did take this class at school that forced us to memorize the answers to all the released board exam questions, so hopefully that will be a little bit of a head start. Otherwise, I am trying really hard to memorize the decks right now. Biochem and Physio are not sticking in my brain yet. Aiming high...

9. shepherd

shepherd Member
    7+ Year Member

Is part one just a written test? How about part 2 is that when you have to do practical stuff?