96 on PCAT but scored 27 on Reading Should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willingtobedentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I willing to apply for 2020 cycle and I already took the PCAT on this April.

I got
Bio 81%
chem 99%
reading 27%
Math 97

composite 96%

I decide to retake PCAT due to my bio and reading grade, and how do you guys study reading vocabulary (any websites or PDF for it)? Did you guys study diseases, transmission, causes(virus and bacteria name) and drugs names?
If you have any advises on bio and reading, please tell me.
I think memorizing names is kind of wasting time. I want to focus on vocabulary because I have trouble with understanding passages.
I am international student and want to go Toronto Pharm D program.

Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yo, do you wanna rewrite the PCAT again after those great scores?? bro you are good,, your scores are great, your composite is hot too. just start preparing for the MMI man. I think the cut off score University of Toronto set for critical reading is 20% this year, so next year shouldn't be any different. You are good my man!

Last edited:
I think memorizing names is kind of wasting time. I want to focus on vocabulary

**Edited thread title for content**

Retaking the PCAT is wasting your time.

Unless your specific school of choice has a cut-off score for the Reading section, don’t bother taking it again.

No, absolutely do not retake it again. Agreed with above user, unless the school you are applying too has a cut-off for RC then just focus your time on completing the application process and preparing for interviews. I had an 8% on RC and 92% CS overall and nobody ever bothered to ask me about my RC, better yet, I don't even recall anyone asking me about my grades/PCAT for that matter. I know they use grades/PCAT to filter out applicants but in the interview process it was never mentioned once. Move forward.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo, do you wanna rewrite the PCAT again after those great scores?? bro you are good,, your scores are great, your composite is hot too. just start preparing for the MMI man. I think the cut off score University of Toronto set for critical reading is 20% this year, so next year shouldn't be any different. You are good my man!

Do you think meeting the requirements for every section guarantees an interview? Or is it very competitive?