Pre-Pharmacy
I just took my PCAT today and my scores are as follows

Verbal Ability: 401 49%
Biology: 484 99%
Reading Comprehension 386 26%
Quantitative Ability 423 85%
Chemistry 505 99%
Composite 440 98%

I'm currently attending UCLA as a biochemistry major with a GPA of 3.626. English is my second language as I came to the US when I was 13. I tutored elementary school kids with science and created science project. I was also involved in school mentoring to help high school students through their college applications. I was in microbiology lab for 3 months in local hospital in Thailand. I've also been in research in medical pharmacology for 2 years. I'm also volunteering in a pharmacy for about 100 hours. I plan to do more stuff during my 4th year and gap year while applying (more volunteering possibly clinical work). What are my chances? Advice would be highly appreciated!!

Sep 18, 2015
I also took PCAT yesterday (18th)
My scores were
Bio 99
Chem 99
QA 85
RC 41
VA 68
Comp 96

Im just wondering, how come my comp score is lower than chan's? Considering the fact that I got higher RC and VA scores...?

Sep 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I also took PCAT yesterday (18th)
My scores were
Bio 99
Chem 99
QA 85
RC 41
VA 68
Comp 96

Im just wondering, how come my comp score is lower than chan's? Considering the fact that I got higher RC and VA scores...?
I can answer this question, Chan has a much higher score in Chemistry than you!

Sep 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Chan, I would recommend you just apply for pharm school instead of taking a gap year!

Sep 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Do you think I have a chance??
Are you kidding? Lol, you have some awesome stats, and I think you can get into whatever pharm school you want as long as you act well in the interview. Be confident, you are excellent! FYI, I'm also applying this year, 3.87 GPA in an ordinary college, 30%VR, 97%Bio, 13%RC, 99%QA, 99% Chem. I'm majoring in chem and minoring in biochem, and I came to US 4 years ago. Believe me, you are better than me! Taking a gap year may help you become even more competitive, but I would rather get into a pharm school and then graduate earlier and work for real experience! That's all I have to say, good luck!

Reactions: Chan071994
Sep 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Ohhhh! Okay! That makes sense! :) thanks
Well, my opinion, you are very good even though you score lower in composite because a lot of schools care about you being well rounded. And also for pharm schools, PCAT is not everything.

I took mine on the 17th of September. I'm new to SDN, but here are my preliminary scores:

Verbal Ability 91
Biology 97
Reading comp 88
Quantitative 97
Chemistry. 93
Composite. 97

I am a Baylor Biochemistry major with a 4.0 GPA currently. I'm applying next summer, but luckily this is out of the way now. I have a few questions: 1) does your essay score change the composite? 2) will it do me detriment that my RC score was not in the 90s range? 3) do the preliminary and final scores differ by much? 4) is it bad that I have no college pharmacy experience, even though I am pharmacy technician certified? 5) is this good enough for UT Austin and University of Houston pharmacy schools?

Binchen222

5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student
I just took my PCAT today and my scores are as follows

Verbal Ability: 401 49%
Biology: 484 99%
Reading Comprehension 386 26%
Quantitative Ability 423 85%
Chemistry 505 99%
Composite 440 98%

I'm currently attending UCLA as a biochemistry major with a GPA of 3.626. English is my second language as I came to the US when I was 13. I tutored elementary school kids with science and created science project. I was also involved in school mentoring to help high school students through their college applications. I was in microbiology lab for 3 months in local hospital in Thailand. I've also been in research in medical pharmacology for 2 years. I'm also volunteering in a pharmacy for about 100 hours. I plan to do more stuff during my 4th year and gap year while applying (more volunteering possibly clinical work). What are my chances? Advice would be highly appreciated!!

This was my score and I got in University of Minnesota. I dont think school administration actually care about hose 2 scores.

Attachments

Jul 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I took mine on the 17th of September. I'm new to SDN, but here are my preliminary scores:

Verbal Ability 91
Biology 97
Reading comp 88
Quantitative 97
Chemistry. 93
Composite. 97

I am a Baylor Biochemistry major with a 4.0 GPA currently. I'm applying next summer, but luckily this is out of the way now. I have a few questions: 1) does your essay score change the composite? 2) will it do me detriment that my RC score was not in the 90s range? 3) do the preliminary and final scores differ by much? 4) is it bad that I have no college pharmacy experience, even though I am pharmacy technician certified? 5) is this good enough for UT Austin and University of Houston pharmacy schools?

hi how did you study for the reading section?