99th+ Percentile MCAT Tutoring, $49 Per Session, Proven Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCAT Self Prep

Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best Prep for the Best Price
MCAT Self Prep only hires tutors that scored in the 97th percentile or higher on the new MCAT with most of our tutors having scores in the 99th percentile or higher. While many prep companies are willing to hire anyone who did somewhat decent on the exam, MCAT Self Prep holds to its high standard of excellence. And unlike other tutoring companies, you can view each of our elite tutors’ profiles in which you can view testimonials from their past and current students. You can even have a free 10-minute phone consultation with the tutor of your choice before you sign up with them!

Our prices cannot be beat. While Kaplan charges $3,999 for a 15-session package ($266 per session) with a barely-90th percentile tutor, tutoring with our 97th percentile+ tutors starts at just $49 per session! Next Step charges $14,999 for a 28-session package ($469 per session) with one of their head tutors, but meeting with our head tutor starts at just $99 per session! We are so confident you won't find a better price that we stand behind our Lowest Price Guarantee.

Experienced

Every one of our tutors scored between the 97th and 100th percentile on the MCAT. They each have several years of teaching experience. And each of them have experience as professional practice question writers and reviewers for the MCAT.

Student Success

Our tutors have led several students to achieve 100th percentile MCAT scores. Every student who started studying with our tutors six months before their test date has scored above the 97th percentile. And every single student that has used our tutoring program has seen improvements.

Individualized

Every single session taught by our tutors is handcrafted to meet the personal needs of each student. Our tutors spend 30 minutes preparing for every single lesson so that they can help their students overcome the weaknesses that are keeping them from achieving a top score.

Affordable

Kaplan charges $3999 for 15 sessions of tutoring. That’s $266 per session! All this just to tutor with someone who may have barely achieved the 90th percentile. In contrast, our sessions start at just $49.99 and all of our tutors scored between the 97th and 100th percentile.

Get Started Today!

Visit MCATSelfPrep.com to choose from our selection of Elite Tutors. You can view their profile for detailed information and student testimonials before requesting your free 10-minute phone consultation. We look forward to helping you achieve your goal MCAT score!

Members don't see this ad.

“A couple months before my MCAT test date, I was continually scoring between a 505 and a 508 on practice tests even though I felt like I was spending a lot of time studying. I realized that I needed help structuring and prioritizing my studying, and luckily I came across MCAT Self Prep and Andrew’s tutoring. Within the first 10 minutes of our first session, Andrew restructured my study plan and gave me tangible tips for how to maximize my productivity. He was also very honest with me about the hard work it would take to improve my score, which was helpful. Our tutoring sessions were always extremely efficient due to Andrew’s preparation, and his ability to clarify large misconceptions about the material was really impactful. With his help and the MCAT Self Prep resources, I brought my score up to a 521 (99th percentile) on my final AAMC practice exam within a month and a half!“ - Adrianna

“Zach always made himself available to help me and was willing to work with my schedule. He would break things down and explain them in a way that I could understand them. If I didn’t understand something right away, he was patient and worked with me until I felt confident in my understanding of the material. I would highly recommend Zach as a tutor for the MCAT.” - Bethany

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
"Garrett was a huge help during my MCAT preparations, between him and the MCAT Self Prep website I felt confident on Test Day that I had reviewed everything and that I had a clear understanding of the topics. Whenever I had any questions Garrett was super helpful by explaining the answers in a comprehensive way, (with diagrams when possible). Garrett was super flexible with our meetings and it was always super convenient to meet with him online. It was also a huge help that he would ask me questions after we reviewed a topic, because it allowed both of us to check my understanding, and then further review the material if necessary. Over the 5 weeks that I was intensely studying for the MCAT my score increased from 500 to ~512 on my last practice exams. Garrett's explanations and strategy tips really helped me make this score jump! I am so glad I found him and the MCAT Self Prep Website!" - Elka

"Timothy is an amazing tutor, mostly due to his ability to simplify complicated concepts so that they can be understood by essentially anyone willing to learn. General chemistry seemed daunting to me, and I was struggling until I was paired up with Tim. He is very patient and genuinely wanted to see me succeed in a subject area that wasn’t first nature to me. Instead of just giving answers, he took the time to walk through problems step-by-step and explain why the answers made sense rather than just showing how to get them. By putting meaning behind the work we were doing, I feel as though he significantly improved my problem-solving skills, and I found myself able to systematically work through types of problems that I had never even seen before. Timothy is very fun to work with, and his belief in my abilities absolutely contributed to my success. I cannot recommend him more highly for anyone looking for the confidence and knowledge base to improve their MCAT score!" - Jenna

"Tutoring with Andrew was such a great experience! I enjoyed the flexibility of being able to meet online, and I also enjoyed the fact that I was able to cover so much material during each session. Andrew's clarity, patience, and expertise with MCAT content provided me with the skills and confidence I needed to improve my score by 12 points during my preparation period. He was always willing to help and encourage me along the way. I am SO happy and grateful that I came across MCAT Self Prep. Thank you very much, Andrew!" - Kaelor

“I would recommend Zachary Reinstein as an MCAT tutor to anyone. While he has a depth of knowledge far beyond average for the undergraduate level, he is patient and good at making the complicated approachable and understandable. As my tutor and mentor he was constantly asking me follow-up questions to help me make connection to concepts that I already knew. Zachary is fun to talk to, patient, and approachable without compromising skill and knowledge.” - McKenna

“Garrett definitely made a difference in my experience as a student. Without giving the answers away he would prompt my train of thought in the correct direction to think through my own problems. It was a rare occasion when he would need to refer to outside resources for the knowledge necessary to answer my questions. When seeking help his help, it was obvious to me that he had prepared beforehand. Not only were his chemistry and teaching skills superior, but he was very personable and was always willing to try and describe things in multiples ways without any annoyance or hurriedness, as I have had other tutors do in the past. He was also friendly and created an air of relaxation and focus, even when I may have been stressed or distracted. Lastly, he would take time out of his busy schedule to reply to emails or even meet in person to resolve any problems. When compared to past and present tutors, Garrett definitely made more of an effort and therefore had a greater effect on my learning.” - Kennedy

"Tim was an exceptional tutor and the best I've had up to this point. He goes above and beyond to make sure he is available around my hectic schedule and he was always prepared. He explained concepts in multiple different ways to solidify understanding and account for the different learning styles of various students. He isn't afraid to admit when he is unsure about something and will even follow up with an answer after researching it. Tim is both funny and personable, yet very knowledgeable and patient, which makes him a great tutor for anyone who has the privilege of working with him." - Ericka

"Before meeting Andrew, I had taken the MCAT and scored a 502, nowhere near what I hoped to achieve. This summer I decided to study for the MCAT again, and luckily I landed on the MCAT Self Prep website. I knew I needed help and Andrew has been there every step of the way and is a tremendous aid to my studies. Andrew is clear and finds a way to explain questions and concepts in a simple, but effective manner. Every session with Andrew is super productive, and I feel that I learn so much. Already, I am seeing major improvements, scoring a 518 on my most recent AAMC practice exam. Without a doubt, I can say that Andrew has played a major part in my recent success, and I would recommend Andrew as a tutor to anyone who needs help improving their MCAT score!" - Vineet

“Zachary was an excellent tutor. He was able to understand concepts I could not and then he was able to explain then in a relatable way that made sense. Zachary was helpful in that he was able to simplify complicated procedures. He was punctual and dependable as well. His knowledge was sound and therefore he could teach me well. I recommend Zachary for MCAT tutoring.” - Colby

“Garrett was a tremendous help to me as a tutor. I came into it unprepared, and Garrett helped me climb the learning curve. He was extremely willing to accommodate my schedule, often meeting with me outside of his regular hours. These meetings were vital to my learning difficult thermodynamic, equilibrium, acid-base, and descriptive chemistry concepts that weren’t covered fully elsewhere. During our sessions, Garrett demonstrated good tutoring skills by solving problems together, giving me hints rather than telling me the answer right away. I felt that Garrett had extremely good mastery over some extremely difficult material, and his retention of the material especially impressed me. Garrett worked very hard to prepare in ways that helped me create an overarching framework for the concepts that we learned and helped me understand how they connected in greater detail. Garrett went above and beyond as my tutor, and I am very grateful to have had Garrett for a tutor when it was critical to have someone help me get from where I was to where I needed to be.” - Brady

"Timothy is a great tutor and I would most definitely recommend him for his ability to teach concepts. I was struggling with some of the anatomy-based concepts (kidneys especially) and he was able to break down passages and problems for me and taught me how to do the same. His methods really helped me gain a better understanding of the subject. He does not just tell you the answers or ask leading questions like some tutors do, but he takes his time and explains things slowly to make sure I totally grasped the material behind the questions. He has a pleasant personality and is fun to work with, and I would highly recommend him if you're looking to boost your MCAT scores!" - Amanda

“Ming-Yeah is arguably the most intelligent person I know. She demonstrates strong understanding of a wide range of topics, particularly in the hard sciences. She commands academic material and, most importantly, can easily and swiftly make that material understandable for others. Her personality is streamlined for tutoring as well - she is friendly, warm, and supportive, always choosing to offer encouragement to others who are struggling and asking for help. If anyone has Ming as a personal tutor for the MCAT, I can only imagine how much more prepared for the exam they will be. I highly recommend Ming for tutoring in any scientific discipline.”

"Andrew was a great mentor in assisting me throughout my MCAT preparation journey. His program has everything laid out for you, with modules covering the must-knows as well as guided instructions on how to utilize the Section banks to make practice exams best. Furthermore, he has a very welcoming personality, and was very good with explaining concepts or certain things I did not fully grasp/understand. Overall, my score improved to a 516, and with Andrew's extra tips, I was able to go into the test with confidence. He is also flexible in terms of meeting, and was able to rearrange things to make it easier on me. Overall, I highly recommend any MCAT student to go about studying with Andrew's course and assistance."

“Zach was always willing to accommodate in order to fit my schedule. He took the time to figure out what my individual learning style was, and broke things down visually to help me better understand difficult concepts. He never made me feel bad about having to repeat something and made sure I understood the material before moving on. His patient and compassionate character makes him a perfect candidate for an MCAT tutor!” - Breanna