a breath of relief

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chunk-ee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was feeling pretty bad yesterday when I got my letter from UVA telling me that I was wait-listed. (especially since its my undergraduate school!)

but I got back from my interview at EVMS today to find a letter from Case Western inviting me to join their matriculating class of 2002! I'm so relieved- my confidence took quite a beating last night, and I'm grateful to at least have somewhere to go next year.

Praise God!

Best of luck to all you other SDN'er waiting to hear from med schools and interviews and stuff. This SDN'er is going to start cancelling interviews and withdrawing applications starting tomorrow! I hope that I free up some space for some of you who are still waiting...

take care,
Chunk-ee

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!! That's awesome about Case Western -- they are a great school! :) It's great to know you'll be going somewhere next year...

How was your interview at EVMS? Did you like it there? I have an interview there soon, and I've heard their interview process is tough, so I'm curious as to what goes on...

Congrats again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey elle,

EVMS was definitely a nice place- I have a much better respect for it now that I've seen it. I wouldn't be surprised if they start to rise in the primary care ranks in a couple years. My interviewers were nice, it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. Actually, it was kinda neat- evidently the guy who interviewed me was the guy who delivered the first test tube baby way back long time ago! (he also called me an oriental, but he was 80+ years old, so i'll forgive him :) )

Thanks for the information... sounds good!

And congratulations, again! :) :D :cool:

WOW Chunk-ee....that is absolutely spectacular! A large and heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to you!

How will you celebrate now? :)

Congratulations, Chunk-ee! Don't waste any more time worring about the UVA wait-listing bit. Just kick butt on the CWU interview; if you need any magic potions, I'll whip up my special hypnotist brew. Halloween brings out the "other" side of me.

;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey Chunk-ee my best friend also interviewed at EVMS yesterday. So you were in the group of about 15 students that were there. Cool.
Good Job on the acceptance to Case W. Keep us little people who are still going through the stress in your thoughts.

To ANYONE interviewing at EVMS- DO NOT STAY at The James Madison. My friend said it was terrible, noise from across the hall disturbed her and parking was extra. She said it was really crappy.

Dear MorningLight,

How will I celebrate? Hmm, me and my best friend opened a 12-year bottle of Chevas Regal and each took a couple sips ( :) ), I told my dad who almost laughed and cried at the same time... and then when to bed. It was a wild night- I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. And today I went to pick apples in the fields near C-ville!

----

My idea is for all of us to keep all of our rejection, wait-list letters and get together with all of our friends who are also getting rejected from schools, jobs, etc and have a huge burning party! (once we're all safe of course :) ).