A call to Bring Back Impressions / Radonc Monkey...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koolaidkid

Oh Yeah!!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember before I matched (and even after) I was reluctant to post on this website using my username, which is fairly non-descript and doesn't divulge anything. maybe just being hyper-cautious b/c this is such a small field or just being paranoid, but having the "impressions" username really made me more willing to divulge my interview impressions, match stats, etc. Even with emailing anonymously to the moderator, I would either find it too tedious to bother or still be hesitant b/c he/she might know who I was, esp. I wanted to match at their institution.

So, yes, there has been abuse in the past of the Impressions account, but I think that the positives in terms of candidness of opinions still outweigh the negatives/abuses. I think since impressions has been closed, there have been less posts.

I found this website really helpful before interviews, during, and after, and I think not having the "impressions" account actually limits the number of people willing to honestly share their viewpoints.

Anyone else want to second this?

Members don't see this ad.

Seconded.

Username: radanon
Password: password

To avoid repeating the abuse of impressions last time, only use this account for posting in four threads:

1. Who's who
2. Interview impressions
3. Rad Onc rankings
4. Match statistics

Let's all play nicely and get along and this new iteration should work out just fine.

Last edited:
How about you just login on that account and delete any posts that don't follow those rules? That would stop the abuse and prevent others from doing the same.

Certainly I could try and do that but please understand that I'm a senior resident getting ready to take my Physics/Radbio boards. Moderating this forum is not very hard and I enjoy doing it but tracking down every rogue post and deleting it would be, frankly, a waste of my time.

Besides we are all highly educated adults and can play by the rules. Right? Right! ;)