A cheap way to get a kaplen class OAT review book

kelus

super mega fantastic user
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you buy the "Kaplan DAT with CD-ROM: Third Edition review book", it contains the same materials that the OAT study Manuel does. By OAT study Manuel, I mean the one book that the 1000 dollar kaplan OAT prep class teaches from. You can get the DAT compressive review for about 40 bucks at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743241495/104-3349218-0608728?v=glance&n=283155
Of course, this does lack the physics questions. However, I have the compared both of these books and found that they are the same descriptions word from word and pics in all other sections. I currently study with a DAT student so I have been constantly comparing my study Manuel issued by the Kaplan OAT course, and her store bought Kaplan comprehensive OAT review. It has been said many times on this site that a 1000 dollars can be saved if a student just goes through the kaplan book.

ps. the current kaplan OAT review book being sold only has practice tests
hopfully this will save some people a grand

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not surprised they're the same though...as we all know, Kaplan teaches the DAT and the OAT together. My teacher was actually a DAT teacher and so he didn't know much about the OAT specifically but since the two tests are so similar anyways, it doesn't matter.

I wonder if Kaplan realizes they're losing a lot of money this way. Haha...maybe they're not such money hoggers after all. =)

I bumped into this book: Kaplan Dat With Cd-rom 2007-2008 Edition... but not the one that you mentionned on your message... do you know if different version varies a lot from the previous ones?

Also, how did you end up studying your Physics? What do you suggest?

kelus said:
If you buy the "Kaplan DAT with CD-ROM: Third Edition review book", it contains the same materials that the OAT study Manuel does. By OAT study Manuel, I mean the one book that the 1000 dollar kaplan OAT prep class teaches from. You can get the DAT compressive review for about 40 bucks at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743241495/104-3349218-0608728?v=glance&n=283155
Of course, this does lack the physics questions. However, I have the compared both of these books and found that they are the same descriptions word from word and pics in all other sections. I currently study with a DAT student so I have been constantly comparing my study Manuel issued by the Kaplan OAT course, and her store bought Kaplan comprehensive OAT review. It has been said many times on this site that a 1000 dollars can be saved if a student just goes through the kaplan book.

ps. the current kaplan OAT review book being sold only has practice tests
hopfully this will save some people a grand

Members don't see this ad :)
I purchased both the princeton review MCAT physics book and the examkrackers one. Both seem pretty good but kind of intensive so I'm going through and studying only what's on the list of topics for physics.

Although I've never taken the official OAT, my friend recommended those two books and she got a pretty high score so I'm hoping it'll work for me too!

Good luck!

poc said:
I bumped into this book: Kaplan Dat With Cd-rom 2007-2008 Edition... but not the one that you mentionned on your message... do you know if different version varies a lot from the previous ones?

Also, how did you end up studying your Physics? What do you suggest?

Another thing that I found helpful when studying for the OAT was to see what your university's library (or state library exchange program) has. You may be surprised what all resources are available to you and for FREE!!! I had used both the DAT and MCAT books from the library, and I think that they helped me out a lot. Just a suggestion.